The Ideapad Flex 15 Convertible 15.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 300° rotating display dual-mode design and 10-point touch capabilities. While in standard Laptop Mode you have access to the traditional layout with a keyboard and touchpad for navigation. The Stand Mode allows you to flip around the 15.6" touchscreen display and watch videos and view photos with control via the computer's multi-touch capabilities.
A 15.6" LED backlit capacitive touchscreen features a native resolution of 1366 x 768, providing a 16:9 aspect ratio. Additionally, the Flex 15 utilizes integrated Intel HD Graphic 4400 for running graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-4200U processor. It also features 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hybrid hard drive with 8GB of solid state flash storage, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated 720p HD webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio for ensuring quality while playing music and movies. Also, a combo headphone/microphone jack will allow you to plug in your speakers or other 3.5mm audio devices.
The 64-bit version of Windows 8 comes pre-installed on the laptop. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen, ideal for operation with touchscreens. It also provides real-time news updates via tiles and allows for cloud storage and the downloading of apps from the Windows Store.
- Intel Core i5 Dual Core Performance
- The Flex 15 houses an Intel Core i5-4200U Dual Core Processor with a native speed of 1.6GHz and 3MB of L3 cache. Combined with the 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel's Hyper-Threading technology, the Flex 15 allows you to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently.
- Hybrid Hard Disk Drive
- The 500GB 5400rpm hard drive pairs with 8GB of solid state drive cache for quickly accessing system and application files
- 15.6" LED Backlit Touchscreen Display
- The 15.6" touchscreen features an aspect ratio of 16:9, a native resolution of 1366 x 768, and LED backlighting. It also features 10-point touch support for utilizing the multi-touch capabilities of Windows 8. You also have the option of using an HDMI-out port for using an external display.
- Dual-Mode Design
- A 300° rotation allows for two modes for using your Flex 15 computer. The standard Laptop Mode offers access to the keyboard and touchpad for quick, efficient use of the computer for everyday tasks. The Stand Mode offers a viewing screen perfect for watching movies or viewing photos. This mode works perfectly with the touchscreen multi-touch controls.
- Webcam with HD Video
- The integrated front-facing webcam and microphone produce high definition 720p video for making clear video calls on your computer.
- 2-in-1 Card Reader
- A built-in 2-in-1 card reader allows you to plug your SD and MMC memory cards directly into the computer.
- Lightweight Construction and Long Battery Life
- The Flex 15 weighs in at just 5.1 pounds and is only 0.87" thick, meaning this is a very portable option. Additionally, the 4-cell lithium-ion battery will power your machine for up to 9 hours on a single charge.
- Wireless Connectivity
- The built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity allows for fast wireless network connections. Also, Bluetooth 4.0 technology means that you can easily connect your favorite Bluetooth wireless devices, like a keyboard or mouse.
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. Replacing the traditional Windows desktop screen with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it.
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports computers with capacitive touchscreens, allowing you to use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.