The RackStation RS2414RP+ 12-Bay iSCSI NAS Server from Synology offers a high-performance, scalable, and full-featured network attached storage solution. This storage solution helps businesses to centralize data protection, simplify data management, and rapidly scale storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and management. Four LAN ports provide redundancy in the event of unexpected hardware failure, while the hot-swappable drives help to minimize system downtime during drive replacement. The NAS server also features 2GB RAM for boosting multitasking power. The redundant power supplies ensure service uptime.The storage solution features passive cooling technology that eliminates the dependency upon a dedicated processor cooling fan. Its built-in redundancy mechanisms spin up functional fans to improve ventilation. This server is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. With the iSCSI support in DSM, it provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. Windows ADS integration allows this device to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment without the need to recreate user accounts.
- Experience High Performance Data Throughput
- With the Link Aggregation enabled, the device delivers an average 339.63 MB/s reading speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 209.14 MB/s writing speed. It delivers high performance for demanding data-intensive applications and offers the ability to scale the storage capacity.
- Resilient and Reliable
- With superior performance, this device is built for reliability. Four LAN ports provide redundancy in the event of unexpected hardware failure, while the hot-swappable drives help to minimize system downtime during drive replacement. In addition, the passive cooling technology eliminates the dependency upon a dedicated processor cooling fan. The built-in redundancy mechanisms spin up functional fans to improve ventilation. Synology High Availability (SHA) can ensure seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications, decreasing the risk of unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
- Robust & Affordable Scalability up to 96TB
- When the storage capacity of the device is nearing its limits, it can easily be expanded by the Synology RX1214. It securely connects to the Synology RX1214 with a specially-designed connection cable to ensure maximum throughput. The Synology RX1214 can directly expand the existing storage on the Synology RS2414RP+ to a maximum 96TB capacity. iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays, while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
- Virtualization Certified
- With the iSCSI support in DSM, the NAS server provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration, it helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. This server is the ideal alternative to SAN solution for businesses.
- Ideal for Business Environment
- Windows ADS integration allows this device to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment without the need to recreate user accounts. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator's effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users. Windows ACL support provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on it through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS, and WebDAV.
- Full-Featured Business Applications
- The device runs on the renowned operating system, Synology DSM, offering comprehensive applications. It is equipped with features designed specifically for SMBs. Comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level. Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL content allows for the hosting of up to 30 websites on a device.
- Energy-Efficient Design
- This server is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average storage server counterparts, it consumes a relatively low amount of power. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks.
File Station: Virtual Drive, remote folder
Backup Solutions: Network backup, local backup, desktop backup (Windows: Synology Data Replicator; Mac: Apple Time Machine Backup Application); Shared Folder Sync-max task number: 8, configuration backup
Mail Server: Supported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP
FTP Server: Bandwidth Control, Custom FTP Passive Port Range, Anonymous FTP, Transfer Log
Web Station: Virtual Host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MySQL, 3rd party applications support
Printer Server: Max Printer: 2, Printing Protocols: LPR, CIFS, IPP, Apple iOS Printing, Google Cloud Print, Multi-Functional Print Server (MFP functions are for Windows PC only)
iOS/Android Applications: DS audio, DS cam, DS cloud, DS download, DS file, DS finder, DS photo+, DS video
Windows Phone Applications: DS audio, DS finder, DS photo+, DS video, DS file