The RackStation RS214 1U 2-Bay Rackmount NAS Server from Synology is specifically designed to serve growing businesses of any size. Dedicated to enhance working experience and productivity, the server features easy data sharing and management. It comes with an eSATA and two USB 3.0 interfaces in the back, along with two USB 2.0 interfaces on the front panel for quick access to ensure scalability. The server also features 512MB of RAM for increased multi-tasking power, dual LAN failover support to ensure continual network service in case of LAN failure, and a hot-swappable design that facilitates easy and risk-free hard drive replacement.The server offers a centralized backup target to consolidate fragmented and unstructured data across a network. Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for office and business workgroups. This server is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. The hard drive tray lock secures your hard drives from unauthorized or accidental withdrawal. Measuring 12" (30cm) in depth, the server offers a comprehensive solution for both industrial standard environments and smaller server rooms with limited space.
- Optimal Price/Performance Ratio
- The server is a reliable solution for growing businesses of any size. The built-in floating-point unit enhances the overall capability of the main CPU, enabling high working efficiency. It delivers an average over 70 MB/s write speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment and over 100 MB/s read speed.
- Windows + Mac + Linux Cross Platform File Sharing
- The server offers comprehensive network protocol support, assuring seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows it to fit quickly and easily into an existing business IT infrastructure, with no need to recreate user accounts. Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level. For users who are always on the move, Synology provides a handy app, DS file, for popular mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android device, and Windows Phone. Anything stored on this server can now be accessed remotely using DS file.
- Compact Design in 12" (30cm) Depth
- The RackStation RS214 is a 1U 2-bay rackmount NAS server with 12" (30cm) in depth and offers a comprehensive solution for both industrial standard environments and smaller server rooms with limited space. Its compact size fits perfectly into 2-position rack and wall mount rack without additional rail kits. The server is also resilient enough to withstand operating temperature up to 110°F (45°C), offering high reliability under extreme conditions. The smart fan design keeps the fan spinning at a very low speed, allowing quiet operation for a calmer office environment.
- Effective Backup Solution
- The server offers a centralized backup target to consolidate fragmented and unstructured data across a network. PC users can back up their data to this server using Synology Data Replicator software, and Mac OS X users can enjoy native Apple Time Machine integration. A backup wizard is provided for backing up data from this server to another Synology NAS, other rsync server, or an external drive. Backing up to Amazon S3 and Glacier cloud service is also supported.
- Rich Office Applications
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for office and business workgroups. Web station with PHP/MySQL support allows a single server to host up to 30 websites. The Mail Server package turns it into a dedicated mail service provider, while Mail Station provides a webmail interface for users to access emails stored on it.
- Energy Efficient and Environmentally Friendly
- This server is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average PC counterparts, it consumes very low wattage in operation and helps to reduce the environmental impact of product after use.
File Station: Virtual Drive, Remote Folder
Backup Solutions: Network Backup, Local Backup, Desktop Backup (Windows: Synology Data Replicator; Mac: Apple Time Machine backup application); Shared Folder Sync - Max Task Number : 2, Configuration Backup
Mail Server: Supported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP
FTP Server: Bandwidth Control, Custom FTP Passive Port Range, Anonymous FTP, Transfer Log
Web Station: Virtual Host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MySQL, 3rd-Party Applications Support
Printer Server: Max Printer: 2, Printing Protocols: LPR, CIFS, IPP, iOS Printing, Google Cloud Print, Multi Functional Print Server (MFP functions are for Windows PC only)
iOS/Android Applications: DS audio, DS cam, DS cloud, DS download, DS file, DS finder, DS photo+, DS video
Windows Phone Applications: DS audio, DS file, DS finder, DS photo+, DS video