The Canon VB-S800D PT Micro Dome Full HD PoE Network Camera is a compact, yet full featured, PT surveillance camera with digital zoom. It is suited for business, banking, educational institutions, airport and transportation, and casino/gaming applications. It features a 1/3" CMOS sensor with a Bayer pattern filter, a fixed lens with 4x digital zoom. The F1.6 autofocus lens features aspheric lens elements contributing to its sharp image quality. The Canon DIGIC III processor handles image processing, and the DIGIC Net II processor handles the video stream.
The camera features selectable auto/manual white balance modes, so it can be used in a variety of environments and provide normal color images. When light levels drop below the camera's color threshold, it switches to monochrome mode. The camera features 350° of motorized pan and 90° of motorized tilt when ceiling mounted, however this is used when mounting and setting the camera position, the unit is not designed to be used as a PTZ camera. You mount the camera, position it with the motors, and leave it set. The camera features an Ethernet port for control and video output, and with PoE (Power over Ethernet) compatibility that allows you to install the camera almost anywhere you can run Cat5e or better cable. The camera streams using either MJPEG (Motion JPEG) or web friendly H.264 compression. It features on-board video analytics, and you can set up a privacy mask to prevent specific areas for the frame from being recorded. The camera is compliant with the ONVIF version 2.2 Profile S specification, so it can be used in conjunction with available cameras and NVRs from alternate manufacturers that are also ONVIF version 2.2 Profile S compliant.
- DIGIC DV III Image Processor & DIGIC NET Processor
- The DIGIC DV III image processor provides superior image quality with life-like colors, tonal accuracy, and reduced image noise at lower power consumption. The DIGIC NET II processor allows the VB-S800D to deliver video simultaneously as H.264 and MJPEG streams in high resolution (1920 x 1080), with a maximum combined frame rate of 30 fps for all the streams.
- Smart Shade Control
- Smart Shade Control automatically adjusts images that may have a bright background by adjusting the gain of the underexposed areas without affecting the exposure of the properly exposed areas. This feature helps to make backlit images easier to see and vital areas of interest easier to monitor.
- Auto Day/Night Capability
- The Auto Day/Night feature allows this camera to automatically adjust to maintain optimal image quality as the available light changes. A removable IR cut filter and optimized IR light reflection suppression coating allow for low light visibility with minimal ghosting.
- Built-In Analytics
- Video Analytics with set triggers including Moving, Removed and Abandoned Object Detection, Camera Tampering Detection, and Passing Detection are included in the camera.
- Fixed Postion Camera
- The camera features motorized pan and zoom axes, which allow you to position the camera. Once installed, the camera is used as a fixed mounted camera, and is not designed to be used as a PTZ camera.
- The unit features a gimbal mount with 180° of rotation (± 90°) as an installation aid. This allows you to rough in the mounting, and then adjust it at the gimbal and lock it in place. This additional adjustment is in addition to the motorized installation range.
- The camera supports Power over Ethernet, which allows the camera to be powered using the Ethernet connection that carries control signals and streams the video to your network. With PoE, you don't have to run an additional power line and outlet to power the camera, you can mount the camera almost anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable. PoE requires an available PoE network switch or other available PoE system.
- The VB-S800D is IEEE802.1x Client Authentication protocol compliant, giving additional network security through port based access control. Further security is provided by the support of HTTPS.
- The VB-S800D supports up to 50 user accounts, with user names and passwords. There are three types of accounts: Administrator, Authorized user, and Guest user. Each type of account has different levels of access and control.
- ONVIF Profile S
- ONVIF is the open standard that is being implemented across the CCTV industry. The idea behind ONVIF is to standardize communication between IP-based security cameras and recorders, allowing equipment from different manufacturers to work together. ONVIF Profile S specifies video and audio streaming. The VB-S800D is ONVIF Version 2.2, Profile S compliant, so it will provide at a minimum video streaming (it does not have audio capabilities) when integrated into a network system with compliant equipment from different manufacturers and third party recording software systems.
- Network & Client Support
- TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP (Client), DHCPv4(Client), DHCPv6 (Client), DNS (Client), ICMPv6, POP3, NTP, SMTP authentication, RTSP, WV-HTTP (Canon Proprietary),