The BenQ MW523 WXGA DLP 3D Ready Digital Projector is designed for teaching and presentations in a variety of settings including classrooms and conference rooms. It provides 3000 ANSI lumens of brightness with a low noise level of only 30dBA in Eco-Mode. It features a sharp 13,000:1 contrast ratio, support for 3D projection and WXGA 1280 x 800 native resolution. The projector is powered by a DLP chip system and the lamp features a long life up to 10,000 hours. The MW523 is equipped with SmartEco Technology as well, which combines optimum levels of brightness and picture quality for maximum energy savings and a lower overall cost of ownership.
The projector also features a variety of connection options including an HDMI input, dual VGA inputs, RS-232 control and more. It also offers a No Source Detected Mode, which will automatically lower the projector lamp brightness to 30% after it has remained unconnected for three minutes. Other features include a built-in 2W mono speaker, a cable lock slot, password protection and a low 0.5W standby power consumption level. The MW523 supports ecoFACTS environmentally friendly packaging as well.
- SmartEco Technology
- SmartEco Technology is an innovative and environmentally friendly solution that enhances the energy saving capabilities of your projector's DLP system. It strikes an optimized balance between picture quality, brightness and energy efficiency. This allows students and teachers to get the most out of their classroom experience, while also helping the school by extending lamp life, minimizing maintenance and reducing the projector's total cost of ownership.
- SmartEco Lamp Care Mode
- Within the SmartEco Lamp Saving Technology umbrella, Lamp Care mode helps you save money by providing an impressive lamp life up to 10,000 hours.
- No Source Detected Mode
- In the classroom, there will be times when the projector is turned on without a DVD player, computer or other display source connected. In order to reduce the amount of power wasted in these instances, BenQ created the No Source Detected Mode. It works by lowering the lamp brightness down to 30% after the projector has remained unconnected to a display source for more than three minutes.
- 0.5W in Standby Mode
- When inactive, the MW523 keeps power consumption to a minimum with a 0.5W draw in standby mode. This technological advancement in energy saving helps extend the projector lamp life, while also lowering energy costs.
- 3D Blu-Ray Ready Projection
- The MW523 is equipped with 3D Blu-Ray ready projection technology that brings you the same 3D effects you get in 3D movies. This feature will give your audience an immersive real-life experience. The projector supports a variety of 3D formats including frame sequential up to 720p, frame packing up to 1080p, side by side up to 1080i/p and top bottom up to 1080p.
- ecoFACTS Label
- ecoFACTS declares that the MW523 supports the effort to replace hazardous substances by improving material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of the product. The MW523 includes arsenic-free optical glass, BFR/PVC-free casing plastics and PVC-free plastic packaging.
- Select from Five Aspect Ratio Modes
- The projector's native aspect ratio is 16:10, but it also supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Plus, you can select from an Auto mode or Real mode as well. The Auto mode scales an image proportionally to fit the projector's native resolution in its horizontal or vertical width. The Real mode projects the image at its original resolution and resizes it to fit within the display area.
- Multiple Picture Modes
- Equipped with seven picture modes including Dynamic, Presentation, sRGB, Cinema, 3D, User 1 (custom) and User 2 (custom).