The MTF Services Ltd. MTF EFFECT Canon EF Control Unit lets you control the aperture of EF-mount lenses when using them on non-EF cameras via MTF EFFECT Canon EF lens adapters, sold separately. The adapters available are an EF to Sony E, an EF to Sony F3, and an EF to Micro 4/3.
Each adapter features an integrated cable for use with the Control Unit. The cable plugs into the Control Unit and enables lens control, and the Control Unit has a knob that adjusts aperture in increments of 1/8 stop. The Control Unit's illuminated LCD screen displays aperture and focal length of the lens. When using zoom lenses, focal length and aperture will display accurately through the zoom range.
The Control Unit is meant to be kept close to the camera and lens, and it features three 1/4" screw-holes for mounting. It is externally powered via a D-Tap cable, with an optional F5/F55 cable also available. The Control Unit will power built-in lens stabilization. It is compatible with most Canon EF lenses, all Zeiss EF-mount lenses, and most other third party lenses.
- For use with MTF EFFECT EF-mount lens adapters
- Controls aperture of EF-mount lenses on non-EF cameras
- Adjusts aperture in 1/8 f-stop increments
- Illuminated display
- Displays focal length as well as aperture
- Displays focal length while zooming
- Displays aperture ramping while zooming (for lenses with non constant aperture)
- Externally powered via D-Tap cable
- Will power image stabilization
- Compatible with most Canon EF lenses, All Zeiss lenses, and most third party lenses