The Durango Smoke 1080p Video Recording Sunglasses from Pivothead puts the camera where your eyes are, letting you capture hands-free video and still images from your own point-of-view. The eyewear features 1080/30p video recording, and 8-megapixel still images with burst and time lapse modes. The Durango Smoke model includes the sporty matte black Durango frames with Polarized Smoke Grey lenses.
Built around impact-resistant Grilamid frames and 100% UV A/B/C blocking lenses, Pivothead packs a lot of technology into stylish and functional sunglasses. Within the frames is an 8 megapixel Sony CMOS sensor, a 44.1 kHz mono microphone, 8GB of flash memory, a Micro USB 2.0 connector, and a 440 mAh lithium polymer battery. A power button and pivot switch provide operational control. Connect your Pivothead sunglasses to your Mac or PC via a USB cable for complete configuration control and file downloading using the Pivothead Desktop App.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Record POV 1080p video at 30fps, or 720p video at 30 or 60fps. The built-in microphone captures 44.1 kHz AAC audio. Customizable settings give you flexible control over focus, letting you choose from continuous, auto, fixed, or macro focus options. You can also set your exposure to Auto, Bright, or Dim settings, letting you adapt to a variety of lighting conditions. Optional settings include Face Tracking, Time/Date stamp, and Black & White mode.
- 8-Megapixel Still Images
- Besides video, you can also capture 8, 5m or 3 megapixel still images. Auto or macro focus options are available, as well as the same Auto, Bright, and Dim expsoure settings found in video mode. Photo mode adds the ability to set the exposure at 200, 800, or 1600 ISO.
- Burst Mode
- Capture bursts of 3, 5, 10, or 16 photos at full 8 megapixel resolution. This is great for capturing action sequences or creating GIFs and cinemagraphs.
- Time Lapse Mode
- Six time lapse settings allow to you capture hands-free action sequences over an extended period of time in full resolution 8 megapixel images. Record one shot every second, one shot every 30 seconds, four shots every eight seconds, 4 shots every 30 seconds, 10 shots every 30 seconds, or five shots every 60 seconds.
- A Micro USB 2.0 connection allows you to connect your Pivothead eyeware to your Mac or PC with the Pivothead Desktop App to configure video recording and image capture settings, and download files. You can also use the optional Air Sync device and the Pivothead Mobile App to configure your Pivothead eyewear on your iOS or Android device.