The ThinkPad W530 2441-3N5 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo is powered by a 2.8GHz Intel Core i7-3840QM quad-core processor. It also offers 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and a 500GB 7200rpm hard disk drive. The computer features a 15.6" HD+ AntiGlare LED-backlit display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a native resolution of 1600 x 900, so it can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The NVIDIA Quadro K1000M Graphics processor with 2GB of DDR3 memory delivers smooth, high-resolution visuals.
The W530 provides USB 3.0 and FireWire 400 ports, as well as an Express Card Slot, a 4-in-1 card reader, and a backlit keyboard. Benefit from Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, as well as 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi provided by the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN adapter. Additionally, record music, video and images to discs with the DVD burner. You can also capture images with the integrated 720p HD camera.
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Designed with entertainment and Internet use in mind, the OS improves upon Windows Vista with better desktop navigation and speed, and also offers the Internet Explorer 8 web browser, Windows Media Center and HomeGroup networking.
- Intel Core i7-3840QM Processor
- The Intel Core i7-3840QM quad-core processor reaches clock speeds of 2.8 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.8 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. It features an 8MB Intel Smart Cache for temporary memory storage, in addition to 16GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.
- Intel Hyper-threading technology delivers two processing threads per physical core, allowing applications to get more work done in parallel and thus complete tasks more quickly.
- Intel My WiFi Technology enables wireless connection to WiFi-enabled devices, while 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology provides broadband Internet access at speeds up to 4 times faster than 3G
- The CPU also utilizes Idle States (C-states) to save power when it is idle.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology allows for high performance while conserving power. It builds upon conventional SpeedStep Technology by using design strategies like Separation between Voltage and Frequency Changes, and Clock Partitioning and Recovery.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features, monitoring temperature and reducing power consumption when necessary.
- Intel Fast Memory Access is an updated Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) backbone architecture, which improves system performance by optimizing the use of available memory bandwidth and reducing the latency of memory access. Flex Memory Access facilitates easier upgrades by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in dual-channel mode.
- AES New Instructions enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption, and Secure Key consists of a digital random number generator that helps strengthen encryption algorithms.
- Anti-Theft Technology keeps your PC safe and secure in the event that it's ever lost or stolen
- 500GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
- SATA 3Gb/s, 2.5", removable hard disk drive with Active Protection System features a capacity of 500GB and a spindle speed of 7200rpm
- 15.6" HD+ AntiGlare LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" HD+ display features LED backlight technology, which provides better energy efficiency and image quality than the older CCFL backlight technology. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a native resolution of 1600 x 900, so it can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. Additionally, it has a contrast ratio of 500:1
- NVIDIA Quadro K1000M Graphics Processor
This PCIe x16 card accelerates graphics to allow them to keep up with your workflow, which is especially beneficial during gaming, photo and video editing, and other demanding applications. Quadro K1000M features 192 NVIDIA CUDA processing cores, 2GB of DDR3 GPU memory and 29 GBps memory bandwidth. It supports an FSAA maximum of 64x, and enables NVIDIA FXAA and TXAA Antialiasing.
Additionally, benefit from Dual-Link DVI, DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI (via adapters) support. Three independent displays can be supported. Maximum external resolution: 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz, with DisplayPort via optional Mini DP cable; 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz, with single-link DVI-I via optional Mini DP cable; or 2048 x 1536 @ 85 Hz, with VGA
- Expansion Slots
- ExpressCard/34 slot accepts optional ExpressCards to allow for the connection of peripheral devices, including hard and solid-state drives for additional storage capacity. Computer also has dual PCIe Mini card slots
- Built-in 4-in-1 Card Reader and Smart Card Reader
- Transfer files saved on your MMC or SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards to your computer quickly and easily
- DVD Burner
- Record music, audio or video files to DVDs with the removable, 12.7mm, Ultrabay Enhanced DVD burner
- 720p HD Camera
- Fixed-focus camera with wide viewing angle and face tracking enables high-definition 720p video and still image capture
- Stay Connected
- Benefit from Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, as well as 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi on the 5 GHz band provided by the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN adapter. This adapter supports speeds up to 450 Mbps while offering Intel-only wireless features, such as WiFi Hotspot Assistant, which enables instant connectivity to millions of free and paid Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide; My WiFi Dashboard, allowing you to share seamlessly and directly with other Wi-Fi devices; and Business Class Wireless Suite, which supports Intel vPro and Active Management technologies, as well as PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software for enterprise Wi-Fi client manageability, improved security, and streamlined deployment
- Dual USB 3.0 and dual USB 2.0 ports, including 1 powered USB 2.0. Additionally, PC is equipped with VGA DB-15, Mini DisplayPort, RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet, and FireWire 400 (4-pin) ports
- Audio Support
- HD Audio, Realtek ALC3202 codec, dual 1W stereo speakers. Volume up/down, mute, dual array mic, mic mute available. Features combination audio/microphone jack
- Keyboard and Navigation
- Spill-resistant keyboard features ThinkVantage button and multimedia function keys. Benefit from TrackPoint pointing device with Press-to-Select, Internet Scroll Bar and magnifying glass, as well as UltraNav wide touchpad below keyboard, featuring Tap Zones, scrolling and multi-touch control
- Internal RAID
- An internal redundant disk array for data backup is not enabled automatically, but can be configured at the factory
- Display cover made from carbon-fiber and glass-fiber, and bottom made from plastic reinforced with glass-fiber
- Runs on 9-cell lithium-ion battery, which recharges via 170W Slim AC Adapter
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Designed with entertainment and Internet use in mind, the OS improves upon Windows Vista with better desktop navigation and improved speed, and also offers the Internet Explorer 8 web browser, Windows Media Center and HomeGroup networking. Media Center allows you to watch TV, movies, and other types of video on your computer. When used with TV tuner hardware, it enables you to record television programming. HomeGroup lets you more easily set up a home network, so you can share printers and files among all of the computers in your home.
Jump Lists allow you to quickly reach files with which you've been working, while Snaps let you quickly grab a window and pull it to either edge of your display, automatically resizing the window to occupy half of your screen. With the improved Windows Search, find files, e-mail messages, and applications via the search box, conveniently located at the bottom of the Start menu.
Ready-to-install applications include Rescue and Recovery and Password Manager. Preloaded applications include the following: Lenovo Solution Center, Lenovo Message Center Plus, ThinkVantage Product Recovery, Access Connections, Fingerprint Software, ThinkVantage System Update, ThinkVantage Power Manager, Lenovo Cloud Storage by SugarSync, Lenovo SimpleTap, Microsoft Office (purchase product key to activate), Norton Internet Security 2012 (30 days of virus definitions), Adobe Reader, Skype for Windows, Evernote, Intel Small Business Advantage, RapidBoot HDD Accelerator, Symantec VIP, Windows Live Essentials, Corel WinDVD (DVD+/-RW), Corel Burn.Now Lenovo Edition (DVD+/-RW), Corel DVD MovieFactory Lenovo Edition (DVD+/-RW), X-Rite Pantone Color Calibrator
- Dolby Home Theater v4 Software
- Encompasses a suite of technologies that work together to deliver a cinematic surround sound experience on your laptop with crisp and clear audio. Enjoy it via headphones, built-in or external speakers, or a home theater system. Dolby Home Theater lets you play your audio much louder over the built-in speakers with less distortion, and also locks in your preferred volume level for more consistent listening. Benefit from total control over your PC's audio settings
- Features power-on password, hard disk password and supervisor password protection. The security chip is Trusted Platform Module TCG 1.2-compliant. There's also a Kensington lock slot
- Environmental Certifications and Compliance
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliant, GREENGUARD certified, RoHS compliant, EPEAT Gold rating