The DiskStation DS214play 2-Bay NAS Server from Synology comes equipped with two hot-swappable storage bays capable of holding both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA II and SATA III hard drives and solid state drives. With support for capacities up to 12TB (drives sold separately), you can store a large amount of files including Full HD video, music, photos, documents and more. This enclosure supports enhanced data transfer speeds with average data write speeds of 101 MB/s and average read speeds of 111MB/s.
The DS214play NAS Server from Synology comes equipped with a 1.6GHz Dual Core processor and 1GB of DDR3 RAM to maintain efficient data transfer speeds. With two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, and one eSATA port you can connect this enclosure to your Windows, Mac or Linux based system. This enclosure can also be connected to the Internet via the included Gigabit Ethernet port making your stored data available to users throughout the network. Files can also be made available remotely through the free iOS and Android applications.
This DLNA certified NAS server is designed with entertainment in mind as it simplifies the process of streaming your media to DLNA compatible devices such as TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players, mobile devices, and more. Additionally, you benefit from an integrated transcoding engine designed to create a clearer, crisper picture perfect for viewing full HD 1080p movies and videos.
- Enhance Your Entertainment Experience
- The Synology D214play is a ready media server specifically designed for users to enjoy maximized fun on their NAS device. DS214play comes with a dual core CPU and 1GB RAM delivering 111MB/s reading and 101MB/s writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment. The built-in floating-point unit not only enhanced the overall capability of the main CPU but shows particular advantage in speeding up thumbnail processing. Powered by a hardware encoding transcoding engine, the DS214play features 1080p Full HD video transcoding on the fly. Now Video Station and DS video users can enjoy on-demand high-quality video trancoding offered exclusively by the DS214play.
- Personal Multimedia Bank
- With DS214play you can easily manage your multimedia content and share it across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Photo Station's intuitive design allows you to easily organize photos into customized categories, smart albums and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Plurk and Picasa within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with built-in lyrics plugin, Internet radio, and support for DLNA, AirPlay, and Bluetooth speakers for quality playback. With Video Station, you can watch movies and TV shows online or record your favorite programs with a DVB-T/DVB-S stick.
- Versatile Storage Server
- The DS214play also comes with comprehensive external storage integration, providing two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and one eSATA interfaces in the back, one SD card and one USB 2.0 interface in the front panel, along with a Copy button that enables one-click data replication from your SD/USB device to the DS214play. Designed with both safety and convenience in mind, the DS214play contains tool-less hard drive trays, allowing users to fixate 3.5" hard drives without screws and drivers. Meanwhile, the DS214play supports hot-swappable hard drive trays for instant and risk-free hard disk replacement.
- Anywhere / Anytime Availability
- Synology provides mobile applications that allow you to enjoy the full variety of your multimedia library even when on the go, allowing you to reach for your private albums, music and video collection at home in the DS214play. Available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms, DS photo+, DS audio, and DS video mobilize your Photo Station, Audio Station and Video Station, placing terabytes of content at your fingertips. What's more, DS download makes it possible for you to manage and monitor your download tasks remotely while you can access DS214play content with DS file whenever required.
- DLNA Ready Media Server
- As a ready DLNA DMS (Digital Media Server), the DS214play serves also as a ready media server with the capability to host digital multimedia contents for remote playback. Once connected to a wireless router, the DS214play is set to stream music, photos and videos to DLNA-compliant devices without any pre-configuration, thus enabling users to enjoy their collections on larger screens or with quality speakers. Synology even makes it possible for users to browse and select DiskStation contents using DS audio to designate a DLNA player within the same local network to play it.
- Easy Setup and Management
- Combined with a quick start widget, users can simultaneously tour the DSM operating system and set it up to use right away. For users unfamiliar with complicated router configurations or those who simply want to save time, the Synology EZ-Internet Wizard simplifies the process of setting up access to the Synology DS214play from the Internet. EZ-Internet Wizard walks you through all of the network settings including firewall, port-forwarding, PPoE setup and DDNS registration. The multi-tasking web UI on DSM allows users to run multiple applications simultaneously on one tab browser and switch between them instantly. Synology Hybrid RAID allows you to reach maximum use of your hard drive while keeping your storage safe with data redundancy.
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based OS that provides private cloud service. The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install the packages designed specifically for your unique needs. All will happen with just a few clicks. The simple interface allows you to obtain and configure storage capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with complete control of your personal cloud and lets you access it anywhere.