The UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 2 from Universal Audio consists of a short form PCIe (Express) card with eight SHARC processors for use in either Mac or Windows based native audio workstations. The card supplements the DSP processing of these systems, giving the computer's CPU more headroom and freeing resources for other functions that can include additional tracks, heavier mix automation, or the ability to use more native effects.
The Ultimate 2 version provides all of the company's in-house developed plug-ins (up to version 7.3 and excluding third party), a library featuring ninety items co-developed with the some of the best known audio companies and products. These include some classic items that are no longer in production but have gained must-have status, tape machine emulations, and a host of audio processors, both vintage and modern.
The UAD-2 OCTO supports the use of other manufacturer's Audio Units, RTAS or VST plug-ins when used with the appropriate host software. Additionally, up to four UAD-2 cards can be used simultaneously in a single host computer, or combined with other UAD-2 devices, including the UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface.
- PCIe format DSP accelerator card with eight SHARC processors
- Run UAD Powered plug-ins on a Mac and PC tower, or select PCIe and Thunderbolt expansion chassis
- Provides native systems with a DSP boost for running larger mixes
- Includes all UA's plug-ins up to version 7.3
- Up to four UAD-2 cards can be used simultaneously in a single host computer
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer, and more
- Audio Units, RTAS, and VST plug-in format support
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible