The RX1214 12-Bay Expansion Unit from Synology is designed to provide additional storage to select Synology RackStation storage enclosures. The expansion unit provides twelve hot-swappable drive bays capable of housing both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA II and SATA III hard drives and solid state drives.
With a simple plug-n-use design you can attach this unit and begin utilizing the additional storage in no time through the integrated Infiniband. The Infiniband interface is fast enough to allow all 12 internal SATA III 6 Gb/s drives to run at full speed to nearly eliminate lag between the RackStation and the expansion unit. Additionally, the expansion unit can be easily managed through the RackStation's DiskStation Manager (DSM) software.
- Volume Expansion and Backup
- When running out of hard drive capacity on the Synology RackStation, Synology RX1214 provides a way to immediately scale capacity by an additional 12 hard drives. The RAID volume on the Synology RackStation can be expanded directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives, ensuring the Synology RackStation continues its service during the capacity expansion. Synology RX1214 can be used as a dedicated local backup solution for the Synology RackStation. When created as a separate volume, the Synology RX1214 provides a backup solution to its local hard disks in case of system failure.
- Reliable Plug-N-Use Design
- The Synology RackStation securely connects to the Synology RX1214 with a high-bandwidth expansion cable that ensures maximum throughput. It allows the hard drives in the connected Synology RX1214 to operate as if they are the internal ones of the Synology RackStation, with no lag in data retrieval. With SATA III 6Gb/s interface support, Synology RX1214 unleashes the full performance of the installed drives and provides an enhanced data transfer rate.
- Green and Easy to Manage
- Deep Sleep can be manually configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disk. The RX1214 will also smartly power on/off with the attached RackStation, so no user intervention is needed to keep this system running smartly and efficiently.