This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The RDX-100D Underwater Housing from Sea & Sea is a waterproof case for the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR camera, also known as the 100D. It has a depth rating of 197'. Mechanical controls provide access to essential camera and lens functions. Focus and zoom dials have been redesigned to be similar to those on MDX series housings, allowing for quicker, more accurate operation.
The RDX-100D is constructed from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate. It requires one of several interchangeable lens ports, which fit a broad range of different lenses and are available separately. For compatibility, see Port Chart.
The internal YS Converter/C can be installed with the help of an official Sea & Sea service center near you. The converter allows you to switch between TTL and manual flash exposure control with optional, external YS series strobes connected to the housing's dual fiber-optic cable sockets via Fiber-Optic Cable II cords, which are available separately.
An optical viewfinder offering 0.5x magnification is supplied, and an optional OVF with a greater 1.2x magnification power is also available. To add mounting points for lighting arms and improve handling underwater, you can purchase a tray with dual grip handles separately.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 197'
- Mechanical controls provide access to essential camera and lens functions. Focus and zoom dials are redesigned to be similar to those on MDX series housings, enabling quicker, more accurate operation. An applicable lens gear should be mounted on the lens for focus/zoom control. The easily operated shutter lever can be pushed from the top or pulled from the front and also offers a smooth half-press option for quickly adjusting autofocus
- Built for durability, the housing is made from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate. A large buckle structure with lock function makes it easy to open and close the back cover
- Lens Port
- Requires one of several interchangeable lens ports, which fit a broad range of different lenses and are available separately. The RDX Port Base L and RDX Port Base S, also sold separately, allow for the mounting of these various ports. For compatibility, see the Port Chart linked above
- TTL and Manual Flash Exposure
- Optical, internal YS Converter/C, available separately, can be installed with the help of an official Sea & Sea service center near you. The converter changes the camera's TTL signal to a light signal, and allows you to switch between TTL and manual flash exposure control with optional, external YS series strobes. These strobes can be connected to the housing's dual fiber-optic cable sockets via Fiber-Optic Cable II cords, which are available separately. Fiber-optic cables link strobes to the camera's built-in flash, allowing them to be triggered by the firing of this flash. Since the camera's flash button is inaccessible within the housing, you must pop up the flash prior to installing the camera
- By attaching an optional SA8, SEA ARM 7 Compact or similar arm set to a tray connected to the housing's tripod mount, up to 2 external strobes or video lights can be connected. You can also attach the optional Mini Shoe Arm (#29511) or Hot Shoe Arm (#29501) to the housing's accessory shoe. The optional Grip Stay L II is a tray with 2 ergonomic grip handles that can also accept SA8 Sea Arm and other lighting arm bases. The shoe connection on top of each handle can rotate a full 360°, and the handles themselves can slide along the slots on the tray to provide a wider or narrower grip. Dual 1/4"-20 screws enable housing attachment, and nine 1/4"-20 mounting holes allow you to attach the tray to a tripod, plate or other support system
- Optical Viewfinders
- An OVF with 0.5x magnification power is supplied, and the VF180 prism viewfinder, offering a greater 1.2x magnification and access to the entire field of view, is available separately