The Satellite L55Dt-A5253 15.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Toshiba features a mercury silver chassis with a 15.6" TruBrite TFT LED-backlit display. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics. The screen also supports native 720p HD content. The display is also a touchscreen, which supports the multi-touch gestures incorporated with Windows 8.
The system is powered by a quad-core 2.0 GHz AMD A6-5200 accelerated processor. It also has 6GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader (shared slot; some cards may require an adapter for use), 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with DTS Sound technology.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Toshiba Satellite L55Dt
- Quad-Core AMD A6-5200 Accelerated Performance
- This Toshiba notebook houses an AMD A6-5200 accelerated processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.0 GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L2 cache and 6GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask quickly and efficiently.
- 15.6" TruBrite LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" TruBrite widescreen display features LED backlight technology for lower power consumption and better energy efficiency. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics. The display is also a touchscreen so you can take full advantage of the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. The TruBrite display also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- With Toshiba Resolution+ Upconvert Technology for Media Player, you'll be able to upscale standard definition DVD content to HD quality for sharper picture and vibrant color. Please note that viewing enhancements may vary depending upon content quality and display device capability, functionality, and settings
- Multi-Format Media Card Reader
- This Toshiba notebook's media card reader provides options to expand storage space and easily transfer media files without having to use the USB ports. The media card reader supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Secure Digital XC, miniSD, microSD, and Multi-Media Cards. Please note that some media cards will require an additional adapter in order to fit in the media card slot.
- DTS Sound
- The built-in stereo speakers in this Toshiba notebook provide good sound quality. The notebook also utilizes DTS Sound for high-definition audio support.
- Eco Utility
- Quickly adjust the settings and power plan of your Toshiba computer and monitor your ongoing power usage with just a click.
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a redesigned Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports computers with capacitive touchscreens, allowing you to use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom, and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it