The Lorex 8-Ch 2TB Network Video Recorder with 4 x HD IP Cameras consists of an 8-Channel Security NVR with a pre-installed 2TB HDD, four day/night cameras, each in an IP66 rated bullet style housing. The NVR (Network Video Recorder) supports simultaneous 1920 x 1080 recording at 30 fps for up to eight cameras. It also supports 720p recording. Using this NVR, you can record to all the eight channels in real time recording to the pre-installed 2TB HDD. The HDD is designed for surveillance applications, which require 24/7 operation.
Setting up the NVR is simple using the included Stratus Connectivity App, and remote viewing is supported on PCs and Mac, as well as on your Smartphone (iPhones and Android devices), iPad, or tablet via free Lorex apps downloadable from the Lorex website. You can configure the unit to record continuously or set a schedule of recording times for each camera. Pre-record settings can be used to capture video before the event, when motion detection is used to trigger recordings. The NVR features an On Screen Display for menu adjustments, including a transparency setting for the menu. The NVR features multiple user account settings so you can create user accounts and individually set the permissions for each account.
Four cameras in bullet style housings are included, providing you four extra channels to add available cameras of your choice. The cameras are Day/Night cameras and feature Full HD 1080p resolution, H2.64 recording compression, PoE (power over Ethernet) and 3D Digital Noise Reduction. The cameras incorporate IR LED emitters for illumination in complete darkness, and a 4mm fixed focal length lens, with a 75° diagonal field of view. They also feature polycarbonate housings that are durable, light, and impact resistant, with a weatherproof rating of IP66 making them suitable for indoor and outdoor installation.
- The NVR features front panel indicators for power, HDD recording activity, and network status. It also features an OSD menu system for setting up the system. You can also set up the system via compatible iOS and Android devices, and your Mac or PC.
- An HDMI and VGA output allows you to connect to a variety of available monitors for local monitoring and system set up. All eight Ethernet ports for the cameras support PoE, allowing you to connect and power up to eight PoE IP cameras.
- Pentaplex Operation: View, record, playback, back up, and remotely control the system simultaneously.
- Selectable digital zoom while in live view and playback mode.
- The unit records in either 1080p or 720p, and has settings for: frame rate, quality, and maximum bitrate for video streaming.
Each input allows you to set individual recording settings.
- Schedule: allows you to set a schedule for recording functions to be active
- Motion: starts recording on detected motion. You can set the sensitivity levels for the motion detection. You can also define a specific area of the frame to be used to trigger the recording.
- Privacy Mask: allows you to define up to four areas of the frame per input to mask. The part of the frame that is obscured by the mask will not be recorded.
- Pre/Post-record: allows you to set how long before or after a motion detection event occurs to record for.
- The LAN/Ethernet port is used to connect to your local network. The USB port is used to connect the included mouse for local control of the unit and for firmware updates or connecting available USB external drives.
You can search the recorded video using the following parameters:
Date, channel/input, event, and log.
- The unit comes with one 2TB HDD installed, it has space for a second HDD, and the NVR supports a mazimum of 8TB (two 4TB drives). Install an available HDD for increased recording time, or mirror your recording to the second drive at the same time you are recording to the primary drive.
- You can set the NVR to overwrite the oldest recordings when it runs out of space on the HDD.
- You can configure the NVR to send an alarm notification via email or to your mobile device with a snapshot attachment when it detects motion or an alarm parameter triggers.
- The NVR allows you to set up multiple user accounts that you can assign permissions to in order to control access. There are Admin and User accounts available. Admin accounts have full control of the system and can change both Admin and User passwords as well as enable/disable live viewing and password protection. User accounts can be limited, controlling if the user has access to playback, disk management, live viewing, search, and even limiting the cameras they have access to view.
- Cloud connectivity allows you to quickly and easily configure your system. Updates can be automatically downloaded from the web by the unit.
- The Lorex netHD client software allows you to connect to multiple NVRs and view up to 64 IP cameras on one screen. It is available for Mac and Windows 8, 7.
- Instant Mobile Viewing on compatible Smartphones with the dedicated iPad and Android tablet apps allows multi-channel live viewing and playback.
- The cameras feature Full HD 1080p resolution with H.264 compression.
- Plug and Play connection with the Lorex NVR and PoE. Automatic detect and set-up configures the camera when connected to a compatible NVR.
- Integrated automatic IR Cut Filter ensures accurate color representation under all lighting conditions during daylight operation.
- Day/Night Mode: Camera switches from color to B&W mode automatically when light levels fall below the threshold for color video.
- 3D-DNR provides frame-to-frame Digital Noise Reduction, combined with Spatial Noise Reduction for a sharp, accurate image.
- Digital-Wide Dynamic Range backlight compensation provides clear detailed images where very bright and very dark areas are in the same frame.
- Night-vision range is up to 150 feet depending on ambient lighting conditions and the subject's IR reflectivity.
- Smart IR technology enables close-up recognition at night with auto light compensation preventing washed out images.
- The IR emitters operate at 850nm, which is invisible to the human eye. However, a faint red glow coming from the front of the camera may be visible localized around the front of the camera, which is a normal occurrence with 850nm LEDs.
- The IP66 aluminum housing suits indoor and outdoor applications. For outdoor applications, Lorex recommends installation in a sheltered location. The housing is vandal resistant and features a cable pass through, which keeps the cable out of sight.
- Can be installed to overlook doorways, yards, parking lots, hallways, storage areas and other critical areas.