The 3.8-5.9mm f/3.7-4 Zoom Lens for Q Mount Cameras from Pentax is an extremely light and compact wide-angle zoom lens for the Q-series cameras. When mounted on the Q7 mirrorless camera it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 17.5-27mm and when mounted on the Q or Q10 cameras its 35mm equivalence is 21-32.5mm.
An internal stepper motor autofocus mechanism provides fast, quiet AF action and the Quick-Shift Focus System enables instant switchover from auto to manual focus mode. Its optical design includes a Dual Super Aspherical element and an Extra-low Dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberration and overall sharp, high resolution images. It also features a built-in lens shutter with an iris diaphragm and Neutral Density filter. SP (Super Protect) coating on the front lens surface repels dust, water and oils to keep your lens performing smoothly.
- Wide-Angle Zoom for Q-Mount Mirrorless Cameras
- When used on the Q7 mirrorless camera with a 1/1.7" sensor, the focal length equivalence of this lens is 17.5-27mm. When mounted on a Q or Q10 mirrorless camera with a smaller 1/2.3" sensor its 35mm focal length equivalence is 21-32.5mm. On any camera it provides an encompassing field of view and exaggerated perspectives.
- Lightweight and Compact
- This is an extremely lightweight and compact lens, ideal as an everyday, walk-around lens. It weighs 2.6 oz and measures 1.5" long
- Optical Design
- With DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) and 2 ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, this lens provides reduced chromatic aberration and clear, high resolution images with edge to edge sharpness.
- Internal Focus Mechanism
- An internal focus mechanism with a stepping motor enables high-speed, low-noise auto focus operation for smooth and discreet shooting.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- The PENTAX-original Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation.
- Built-in Lens Shutter
- Features a built-in lens shutter equipped with an ND (neutral density) filter and an iris diaphragm.
- SP Coating
- SP (Super Protect) coating keeps the surface of the front lens element free of dust and oil and water stains.