The Swann DVR4-1425 4-Ch/D1 DVR with 500GB HDD & 2 x Pro-510 Day/Night Cameras is a basic indoor/outdoor surveillance system with a four-channel DVR and two indoor/outdoor day/night weatherproof cameras. The DVR features a pre-installed 500GB HDD so you can begin recording immediately, and the inputs for four cameras allow you to add available cameras to the two Pro-510 cameras that are included so you can expand your system to up to four cameras as your needs grow.
The DVR features over thirty days of continuous recording from four cameras onto the installed 500GB HDD. The units default settings provide for six days of continuous recording. You can set the DVR to record continuously from all inputs, or set a schedule for individual inputs. The unit also features motion-detection capabilities that can be set on individual inputs, and can be set to trigger recording and to email notifications to you. Settings also include pre-record and post-record settings that are useful when combined with motion detection triggered recording. The DVR4-1425 connects to your network so you can access it from a computer from anywhere you can get an internet connection, as well as with a Smartphone or tablet with the free downloadable SwannView Plus App.
Two Pro-510 cameras are included. The Pro-510 camera captures sharp surveillance video in all lighting conditions. It features a wide 60° viewing angle, and records in color throughout the day, and black and white in complete darkness. The camera features an IR filter for daytime/color recording. When the light levels drop, the IR filter automatically disengages so the camera can capture IR images. The 24 IR emitters permit the camera to record images up to 65' away, depending on the IR reflectivity of the subject. The IR LEDS operate at 850nm, which is invisible to the human eye.
The camera comes installed in a bullet-type housing with an IP67 weatherproof rating on an adjustable stand. The power/video cable runs from the camera through the inside the mounting stand. This protects the cable from weather damage and discourages vandals from casually cutting the cable. A single wire for easy connection to a monitor or DVR system carries the standard definition video signal. The camera is easily mounted to a wall or ceiling, and includes suitable mounting hardware.
- The DVR features 4 BNC video inputs and four audio inputs.
- The Ethernet port is used to connect to your local network. The USB port is used to connect the included mouse for local control of the unit and for firmware updates or connecting available USB external drives.
- The DVR features an OSD menu system for setting up the system
- You can control recording settings for individual inputs or all inputs simultaneously. Recording settings include:
- Manual: overrides default recording settings.
- Normal: records continuously
- Schedule: allows you to set a schedule for recording functions to be active
- Holiday: allows you to define time periods with an alternate recording mode. You can define up to 32 holiday periods, assigning a name, start and stop date to each period.
- Motion: starts recording on detected motion. You can set the sensitivity levels for the motion detection. You can also define a specific area of the frame to be used to trigger the recording.
- Privacy Mask: allows you to define up to four areas of the frame per input to mask. The part of the frame that is obscured by the mask will not be displayed or recorded and motion in that area will not be able to trigger recording.
- Pre/Post-record: allows you to set how long before or after a motion detection event occurs to record for.
Using the included MyDVR software, you can setup, and configure almost all aspects of the DVR from a computer attached to the network. MyDVR allows you to:
- View images from your DVR in real-time
- Playback recorded footage
- Copy footage to a PC on the local network
- Adjust settings and configure the DVR
- Using the free SwannView Plus App you can use your select iOS or Android device.
- The system features two streams. The Main Stream displays on an attached monitor or on the local network, and is always D1 resolution, although you can adjust the frame rate, quality (low, medium, high). The Sub Stream is displayed over an internet connection or via the app. You can adjust the resolution, frame rate and video quality of the Sub Stream.
- You can set the DVR to overwrite the oldest recordings when it runs out of space on the HDD.
- Recording resolution of 540 TVL.
- 3.6mm lens provides a 60° viewing angle.
- The IR filter engages during the day to provide clear color images.
- When the light levels fall below the minimum required for color recording, the IR filter automatically clears the image path and the camera switches to black-and-white recording using IR illumination.
- 24 on-board LEDs provide a night-vision range of up to 65' depending on the subjects IR reflectivity.
- The IR emitters operate at 850nm, which is invisible to the human eye. However, a faint red glow coming from the front of the camera may be visible localized around the front of the camera, this is a normal occurrence with 850nm LEDs.
- Automatic exposure ensures accurate image reproduction even under varying light conditions.
- The IP67 aluminum alloy housing suits indoor and outdoor applications. The IP67 rating indicates that the housing is impervious to dust, and can withstand submersion in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes. So the camera should be protected from dust and water damage during normal use. Note: the camera is not an underwater camera, it is designed to be mounted on ceilings or walls.
- The cable threads through the stand for safety and protection from vandals.
- Suitable for home or business surveillance.
- Can be installed to overlook doorways, yards, parking lots, hallways, storage areas and other critical areas.