This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The MDX-70D Underwater Housing from Sea & Sea is a waterproof case for the Canon EOS 70D DSLR camera. The convenient quick shoe makes it easy to install and remove the camera. The housing has a depth rating of 328'. Mechanical controls provide access to all essential camera functions. Dual ergonomic grips afford smooth handling and allow you to access certain controls without removing your hands. Additionally, a 0.5x optical viewfinder is supplied, and optional interchangeable viewfinders providing a greater 1.2x magnification are also available.
Built for durability, the MDX-70D is precision-machined from anodized aluminum to ensure superior corrosion resistance. The housing requires one of several interchangeable lens ports, which fit a broad range of different lenses and are available separately. For compatibility, see Port Chart.
The optional, internal YS Converter/C can be installed with the help of an official Sea & Sea service center near you. The converter allows you to switch between TTL and manual flash exposure control with optional, external YS series strobes. These strobes are connected to the 2 fiber-optic cable ports on the housing via the Fiber-Optic Cable II, which is available separately. If you prefer, you can use the optional sync cord 2-pin connector to attach a hard-wired sync cord instead. An accessory shoe located on top of the housing enables you to mount optional strobes or video lights using optional arms.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 328'
- Mechanical controls provide access to all essential camera functions, and are luminous and angled for better visibility and easier operation. The multi-selector control uses the same design as the camera control, and can be operated in eight directions in the same way with your hand still on the grip. Depth-of-field preview and LCD panel illumination buttons are inoperable. The camera's built-in flash can be used, except when the accessory light-shielding plate is fixed in place. Additionally, shutter release lever tension can be adjusted in 2 steps with a spring
- Built for durability, the MDX-70D is precisely CNC-machined from a solid block of aluminum, which is anodized to ensure superior corrosion resistance. It's also equipped with 2 sacrificial zinc diodes, one on the front and the other on the rear, for additional corrosion resistance. Dual locking latches prevent the accidental release of the housing back
- Lens Port
- Requires one of several interchangeable lens ports, which fit a broad range of different lenses and are available separately. For compatibility, see Port Chart linked above. Port lock can be activated from inside or outside the housing, which is also equipped with a lens lock/release button allowing you to replace the lens and port without opening the housing
- TTL and Manual Flash Exposure
- The optional, internal YS Converter/C can be installed with the help of an official Sea & Sea service center near you. The converter changes the camera's TTL signal to a light signal, and allows you to switch between TTL (indicated by a blue light) and manual (green light) flash exposure control with optional, external YS series strobes. These strobes can be connected to the 2 fiber-optic cable ports on the housing via the required Fiber-Optic Cable II, also sold separately. If you prefer, you can use the optional sync cord 2-pin connector to attach a hard-wired sync cord instead. With the camera's built-in flash raised and fiber-optic cables fitted, external strobes can be triggered as slave units by the built-in flash
- Optical Viewfinders
- An optical viewfinder with 0.5x magnification power is supplied. Optional VF180 and VF45 viewfinders offer greater magnification of 1.2x and allow you to see the entire field of view
- Accessory Port
- Can be used for HDMI output to an external monitor
- Moisture Alarm
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to a breach in the waterproof seal, so you can get to the surface before your camera and lens sustain any damage
- An accessory shoe located on top of the housing enables you to mount optional strobes or video lights using optional arms. Grips are mounted with threadless fixing to facilitate easy removal, transportation and attachment. This design also reduces corrosion buildup around the fittings. The housing is also configured with a tripod mount