The ASUS Transformer AiO P1801-B054K is an 18.4" all-in-one computer that allows you to switch between tablet and desktop PC configurations at the press of a button. For power and multi-tasking in desktop mode, this all-in-one computer has a dual-core 3.3 GHz Intel Core i3-3220 processor and 4GB of DDR3 memory. In tablet mode, processing is handled by a quad-core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor with 2GB of DDR3 memory for retrieving frequently accessed data. Two graphics varieties are also utilized; NVIDIA GeForce GT730M graphics when used as a desktop PC and the integrated NVIDIA Tegra 3 chipset when used as a tablet. Both graphics implementations are designed for high-performance video rendering. The two hard drives in the Transformer AiO combine for over a terabyte of storage, with a 1TB 7200 rpm HD in the PC station and an additional 32GB eMMc built into the tablet.
The ASUS Transformer AiO features a detachable multi-touch 18.4" IPS LED display. This display supports the native touch features in Windows 8 like scrolling and pinch-to-zoom and also provides the full touch functionality of Android 4.1 when used as a tablet. Tablet mode is activated by pressing the Mode Key on the side of the display. The PC station acts as a charging dock, which gives the display up to 5 hours of battery life when removed from the dock. With a native resolution of 1920 x 1080, you can view 1080p content without pixel-loss.
In addition to providing tablet and desktop configurations, the Transformer AiO also has a Remote Desktop mode, which allows you to detach the display and maintain control over Windows 8 on the PC station via Wi-Fi. The PC station has a HDMI interface for outputting video to an external display and four USB 3.0 ports for connecting devices like hard drives and game controllers. Both the tablet and PC station have built-in dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for high-speed Internet access. Additionally, the Tablet and PC station incorporate Bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0 respectively for wireless communication with other Bluetooth enabled devices.
As a Windows 8 PC and an Android tablet, you can grow your application library with access to the Windows and Google Play app stores. If you have applications on disc, the ASUS Transformer's SuperMulti DVD drive will allow you to read that content as well. Software applications like ASUS SonicMaster for audio processing, Windows 8 Fresh Paint for art creation and ASUS SuperNote for memo recording are pre-installed on the Transformer AiO. With this model, you will also have access to ASUS's WebStorage cloud for storing data like documents, photos, and music. The PC station has two built-in 3W speakers and the tablet incorporates two 1.5W speakers; the 3.5mm audio outputs on both the tablet and PC station allow you to connect to a larger speaker system.
- IPS Display
- IPS display technology gives the ASUS Transformer AiO a 178-degree wide viewing angle, which helps to keep images sharp and clear, even when viewed from the side.
- Ergonomic Design
- The PC Station can be tilted 0 to 30° backwards for adjustable viewing angles to suit your personal preference and viewing conditions. The handle on the back of the tablet offers an easy way to move the tablet around. The tablet's built-in foldable stand can be adjusted from 0 to 100° for the most comfortable viewing angle. An audible click can be heard at 35° angle.
- Remote Desktop Mode
- Wireless Remote Desktop technology allows you to detach the 18.4" display and still maintain complete control over Windows 8 on the PC Station over Wi-Fi. Connect the PC station and tablet to the same Wi-Fi access point to enjoy seamless data transmission. For faster connections, 5 GHz networking is recommended, supported by the dual-band wireless capabilities of the PC station and tablet. 5 GHz networks are less prone to signal disruptions due to interference.
Windows 8 All-in-One PC
- Windows 8
- The Windows 8 Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- With the HDMI port, you'll be able to output video from the PC station of the ASUS Transformer to an external display such as a TV or projector. This allows you to share multimedia content with friends and family on any HDMI-enabled home entertainment device.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 delivers transfer speeds up to 5 Gbit/s, or up to 10 times that of current USB 2.0 standards. This allows for faster transfers of large files like HD movies.
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology
- ASUS SonicMaster audio technology is designed to deliver rich, immersive sound with music and movies from the ASUS Transformer's built-in speakers.
- ASUS Web Storage
- ASUS WebStorage makes it easy to keep your important files within reach. Store documents, photos, music and more in the cloud, then access and share them wherever an Internet connection is available.
- Windows 8 Fresh Paint
- Fresh Paint brings the canvas experience to your display. Fresh Paint is a full featured painting app that includes oil painting and virtual tools that are designed to depict your artful creations on-screen.
- ASUS SuperNote
- Doodle, draw, and type on the ASUS Transformer's multi-touch display with the ASUS SuperNote app. Add photos, videos, and even sound clips to create personal messages for saving and sharing your creations with family and friends.
- Windows Store
- Explore Windows 8 apps in the Windows Store. Tap or click the Store tile on the Start Screen to begin browsing. The apps are categorized for easy navigation.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is designed to offer improved speed and usability over previous Android versions. Android 4.1 is optimized for tablet use and simple navigation.
- Easy Charging with Extended Battery Life
- Dock the ASUS Transformer AiO tablet to the PC Station and it automatically recharges. The tablet has up to five hours of battery life and can also be charged separately with its own AC Adapter.
- Google Play and Social Media Access
- In Android tablet mode you'll have access to the Google Play store and its expansive library of apps. Social networking apps are also available, so it's easy to keep up-to-date and stay in touch with friends.