Wirecast Pro 5 from Telestream is an all-in-one live streaming software that runs on Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems. Wirecast Pro 5 supports an unlimited number of input sources including live camera feeds, audio, video, graphics, and more. Powerful live production capabilities including 35 layers of compositing, transitions, titles, chroma key, and 3D virtual sets let you add a professional and polished look to your broadcasts. Built-in encoding and integration with popular streaming services and CDNs let you easily stream your content live to the web for the world to see.
Wirecast Pro 5 adds several new features to the Wirecast line, including x264 encoding support, improved h.264 playback, and stream delay broadcasting in Flash. It also features a redesigned user interface with intuitive broadcast settings workflow, live preview swap for quickly switching back and forth between two shots, and an easy-to-manage Shot List area. A more powerful screen capture mode lets you broadcast multiple application windows from the same computer, as well as stream your desktop screen in Full HD at 60fps.
Also new to Wirecast Pro 5 is the ability to bring in IP or web-based live feeds directly into Wirecast as input sources. This is great for news, sports, and other live shows where remote sources are needed. For sending live feeds directly into editing, effects, and broadcast design systems, Wirecast Pro 5 supports output directly to Blackmagic Design's Intensity and DeckLink hardware. It also allows you to live stream to multiple platforms or your own streaming servers directly from your NewTek TriCaster live production switcher and streaming system.
- Unlimited Number of Camera Inputs
- Wirecast supports an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cameras via USB/Firewire, DV/HDV, SDI, and HDMI cameras via capture cards, as well as IP and web-based sources, and wireless devices. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast recognizes them as live feeds. The only limitation to the number of input sources is what your hardware or processing power will allow.
- Input Web Stream as Sources
- Bring IP or web-based live feeds directly into Wirecast as sources. Wirecast 5 supports RTMP, RTSP, MMS, or HTTP sources.
- Camera Support
Capture your live feeds from a wide range of camera sources. The following sources have been tested and verified by Telestream for compatibility with Wirecast 5:
- Logitech C910
- Logitech C920
- Microsoft Lifecam Cinema
SDI, HDMI, DV/HDV:
- Canon Vixia HV30/40 (HDV)
- Sony PMW-EX1R (HDV)
- Sony HVR-V1U (HDV)
- Canon XA10 (HDMI)
- Canon XF100 (has HDMI output as well as an HD-SDI model)
- Sony PMW-EX1R (has HDMI, HDV, and HD-SDI outputs)
- Axis 211 W
- Axis P1344
- Axis M1104
- Sony SNC-RZ50
- Cisco WVC80N
- Capture Card Support
Capture cards add additional input ports for your computer and offload some of the real-time processing of incoming footage. Wirecast 5 supports the following capture cards:
- Kona 3G (SDK integration)
- HD Game Broadcaster (DirectShow integration)
Blackmagic Design: (Blackmagic Design SDK integration)
- DeckLink SDI, Duo, Studio, HD Extreme 3D, Quad - PCIe
- Intensity Extreme - Thunderbolt
- Intensity Pro - PCIe
- Intensity Shuttle - USB 3
- Intensity Shuttle - Thunderbolt
- Ultrastudio 3D - Thunderbolt
- Ultrastudio SDI - USB 3
- Matrox VS4 (SDK integration)
- Matrox MXO2 (SDK integration)
Osprey: (DirectShow integration)
- 240e, 260e
Yuan (DirectShow Integration):
- SC510N4 HDMI
- Other Input Devices
Wirecast 5 also supports the following input devices:
- LiveU LU60 portable 3G/4G backpack
- XOS Digital ThunderCloud LiveScore Service
- Teradeck Cube 100 and 150 (HD-SDI)
- Teradeck Cube 200 and 250 (HDMI)
- Telestream Pipeline
- Built-In Desktop Presenter
- Broadcast the desktop of your own or another computer during your webcasts. This is useful for showing PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, training webcasts, and product demonstrations as well as for broadcasting online game streams or live interviews using Skype or other chat clients.
- Capture Multiple Windows on the Same Computer
- Wirecast 5 lets you broadcast multiple application windows from the same computer efficiently and smoothly.
- Full HD 60fps Capture
- Stream your computer desktop screen in Full HD at 60fps. This is great for live game streaming.
Prepare Your Shots
- Multiple User-Definable Layers
- Keep even the most complex projects organized with Wirecast's multiple layer support, allowing up to 35 layers of live compositing. Easily place a background music track or a watermark over your webcast the stays active even when switching between multiple cameras and shots.
- Add professional-looking transitions as you switch between your cameras and sources. Wirecast lets you generate transitions and effects in real-time, including crossfades, 3D cube, swinging doors, and cuts.
- Add titles and lower thirds to your broadcast, with more than 30 built-in professional broadcast quality title themes.
- Chroma Key
- Replace your green-screen background with your own video or still image using Wirecast's GPU accelerated, real-time chroma key feature.
- Custom Canvas Size
- The custom canvas size feature lets you manually set the width and height of your screen capture window. This is useful when you want to capture and stream non-traditional broadcast resolutions, such as game capture.
- Live Thumbnails
- See real-time displays of all your live source shots in the shot window. This lets you see exactly what's happening on each live input at any point in time, so you can switch between multiple live cameras faster and with confidence.
- Countdown Clock
- When you switch to a recorded video, the countdown clock displays the remaining time of that video, making it easier to prepare for the next switch.
- Use the built-in scoreboard template to track score for live action sporting events. Customize colors and fonts let you tailor the graphic to individual sports teams. Integration with the Sportzcast LiveScore Service, sold separately, gives you access to fully customizable scoreboards and automatic, real-time updates for Wirecast Pro.
- 3D Virtual Sets
- Place yourself in your own virtual TV studio environment using the built-in 3D images, including desk and backgrounds.
- Global Audio Inspector with Sync Delay
- Assign audio sources and control volume levels for your entire broadcast from one easy-to-use window. Use the AV sync to synchronize separate audio and video sources.
- Multiple Destinations and Bitrates
- Set up your project to simultaneously stream to multiple destinations and bitrates.
- Integrations with Popular Streaming Platforms and CDNs
Wirecast offers integrated setup for your streaming services with industry leaders.
- DaCast Streaming Services
- iNK Barrel Video
- Streaming Media Hosting
- Akamai - Wowza Media Server
- Flash Media Server 4.5
- Windows Media Server
- QuickTime Streaming Servers
- x264 Encoding & Improved Playback
- Wirecast 5 adds x264 to your live encoding options. x264 offers high-quality encoding with lower bitrates, making it ideal for low-latency video streaming. Wirecast 5 also lets you enjoy smoother playback of your pre-reordered H.264 videos.
- Steam and/or Save to Disk
- Save your production to disk for future archiving or on-demand distribution, as you are simultaneously live broadcast your event.
- Program Feed Output to Blackmagic Design
- Take your Wirecast feed and output it directly to Blackmagic Design's Intensity or DeckLink hardware via SDI/HDMI. This is useful for sending live feeds directly into editing, effects, and broadcast design systems.
- Virtual Camera and Microphone Output
Wirecast video and audio output can be picked up as source in other devices or software such as Skype, Google Hangout, and GoToMeeting.
Qualified chats/video conferencing systems:
- Skype: video and audio
- Hangouts: video and audio
- GoToMeeting: video and audio
- Compatible with flash-based chat applications, or encoders such as Ustream Broadcaster
Other: - Compatible with any DirectShow compatible capture application such as VLC
- Flash Live Media Encoder: video and audio - use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for secure RTMP adaptive streaming, Adobe HDS HTTP dynamic streaming
- Expression Encoder: video and audio - use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for live secure HTTP smooth streaming
- FFMPEG: use Wirecast as switcher/compositor ro record to disk
- Broadcast to an External Monitor
- The External Display Output option allows you to display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor. This is useful for showing your live streams to an in-house audience on monitors, projects, or other display devices. This feature also gives you the flexibility to send your video signal through a scan converter to allows output to broadcast workflows.
- Streaming Format
- Wirecast allows you to stream is QuickTime, Flash, and Windows Media formats, and supports RTMP, RTSP, and MMS protocols.
- Stream Delay
- With support for stream delay in Flash, you can delay your streamed broadcasts to add a buffer between your live stream and broadcast. This is a great feature for gamers, as you can delay your stream to hide strategy from online competitors.
- Bring TriCaster Output into Wirecast
- Telestream Wirecast 5 allows you to live stream to multiple platforms or your own streaming servers directly from your TriCaster. With Wirecast's pre-configured destinations, you can stream directly to services such as YouTube Live and Ustream.
- Redesigned Shot List
- See all your Master Layers at once in the Shot List area. Easily resize the height of your layers to save space, and even drag-and-drop shots between layers.
- Intuitive Broadcast Settings Workflow
- Choose where you want to live stream and then configure your settings in the newly designed broadcast settings dialog box.
- Live Preview Swap
- Switch back and forth between two shots with by clicking the Live Preview Swap button.