The ThinkPad 540p 20BE003AUS 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo delivers both in terms of performance and mobility. The ThinkPad T540p provides a 6-cell lithium ion battery for up to 7 hours per charge (battery life may vary). The ThinkPad T540p features a glass-fiber reinforced plastic body for a portable yet durable design.
The 15.6" widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The HD 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content without upscaling.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell dual-core 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-4200M processor. It also has 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 4-in-1 media card reader, a fingerprint reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 technology.
Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) is the installed operating system. This version of Windows 7 Professional is preinstalled through the downgrade rights in Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Lenovo ThinkPad T540p houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i5-4200M processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.5 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.1 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- 15.6" HD Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The display also features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The screen also has a matte, antiglare finish, which allows you to use the ThinkPad T540p in brightly-lit environments with ease. You can also output video to an external display via the Mini DisplayPort
- Wireless Connectivity
- The Lenovo ThinkPad T540p supports 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, which provides a high-speed connection to your home or office wireless network. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse
- USB 3.0 - 10x Faster than USB 2.0
- The Lenovo ThinkPad T540p utilizes USB 3.0. USB 3.0 can reach data transfer speeds of up to 4.8 Gbps, which is up to ten times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices so you don't have to worry about losing access to your older peripherals. Also, one of the USB 3.0 ports is always on for added convenience
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- The Lenovo ThinkPad T540p has a 4-in-1 media card slot that can read Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC), and MultiMediaCard (MMC)