The smallest and lightest fixture in the M-Series, the M8 HMI High Speed Head from ARRI uses lens-less MAX technology to combine the characteristics of a Fresnel and PAR source. With a focus range of 15 - 62°, normally only achieved with supplementary lenses, the M8's output more closely resembles that of a 1,000W or 1,200W HMI Fresnel but with a far more compact form factor. That translates to more light output with less physical labor and heavy breakable glass. Innovations include CCL, which compensates for power loss when using long cables and Cross Cooling which separates the electronics from the lamp housing and allows safe tilting of the head up to 90 degrees.
Structurally, the M8 employs a robust, tubular steel yoke and disc brakes to safely lock down the 17.2 lb head when tilting. There's no need to worry about moist locations; the M8 has an IP23 weather-resistant rating.
- Lensless MAX Technology: lighter weight, easy to use
- Light output comparable to 1,200W fixture
- Smallest lamp head in MAX line
- Highly mobile for a wide range of uses
- Focusable between 15° and 62°
- Cross cooling allows safe operation even at 90° tilt
- Uses existing 245 mm / 230 mm ARRI True Blue D12 and Chimera accessories
- Uses existing 575/1,200/1,800W cables
- Possibility to operate at 1,000Hz with separate purchase of High Speed Ballast
- Weather protection class IP23
- Tilt locks to hold heavy accessories securely