The JVC GZ-HM45BUS Full HD Everio Camcorder is a handheld camcorder capable of capturing 1080/60p video with its F1.8-6.3 lens and 40x optical zoom, with a focal length of 2.9mm to 116mm (the 35mm equivalent focal length is 40.5mm-1620mm). There are two included modes for image stabilization - the Digital Image Stabilizer which reduces camera shake, and the Advanced Image Stabilizer. The camera records on to SDHC and SDXC memory cards and includes features a 2.7" LCD monitor.
The camera uses a CMOS 1/5.8" back-illuminated sensor with 2,510,000 total pixels and has a recording area of 1,280,000 to 2,290,000 effective pixels for recording video. In addition to the 40x optical zoom, there is also dynamic zoom of up to 70x, or digital zoom of up to 999x.
The GZ-HM45BUS includes recording features like Intelligent Auto, which changes settings automatically, or manual setting such as Scene Select, Focus, Brightness/White Balance adjustments, backlight compensation and Tele Macro for close ups.
It also comes equipped with HDMI, USB and AV ports, and built in Everio MediaBrowser 4 software. The software lets you archive and organize your videos, create discs, and upload video to YouTube and other popular websites, and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. Mac users can view and edit files from the camera, and import files from the camera to a computer using Apple's iMovie '08, '09, or '11.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Recording
- The GZ-HM45BUS is capable of recording 1920 x 1080 resolution AVCHD video. Plus, it supports 1080/60p output as well. Enjoy uncompromising picture quality on any HDTV that accepts 1080p input via HDMI
- Super LoLux
- Low light performance is one of the key factors for quality video. The GZ-EX250's Super LoLux ensures superior sensitivity to low light. With a back-illuminated CMOS sensor, you can capture clear images with precise colors even in low light. No worry while indoors or in dark situations
- Advanced Image Stabilizer
- The camcorder features JVC's Advanced Image Stabilizer (A.I.S.) for effective camera-shake compensation. It expands the effective area at wide angle, delivering powerful compensation for camera shake while maintaining HD quality. You'll be able to enjoy stable results even if you're walking or jogging alongside your subject
- 40x Optical Zoom
- In high-definition you can use the 40x optical zoom or the powerful 200x digital zoom. When shooting in standard-definition, you can use the 70x dynamic zoom or the 200x digital zoom. You'll be able to zoom in on subjects that are far away without any picture degradation
- Zoom Microphone
- The zooming microphone changes the focal point to match the picture, so you can always hear what you see. Sound focus changes from wide to tele. This reduces stereo separation and increases mic gain when zooming
- SDHC/SDXC Card Slot
- The camcorder supports memory card technology and flash memory for seamless recording. You can record using the SDHC/SDXC memory card. The camcorder will support up to a 64GB SDXC card
- HD/SD Dual Format
- Standard-definition recording is available for broad compatibility and even longer recording
- Intelligent AUTO
- Automatically selects the optimal settings wherever you point the camera. Get the best possible shot anytime
- K2 Technology
- Restores the sound details lost during compression for high-quality audio playback
- Everio MediaBrowser 4 Software CD-ROM (Windows Only)
- The Everio MediaBrowser 4 editing and file management software CD-ROM comes with your camcorder. You can create full-fledged edited videos and pictures with just a few clicks. Edit video footage and stills into the same creation, spice it up with a music track, add captions, and so much more, with drag-and-drop ease. Plus, share as soon as you shoot by quickly uploading to Facebook and YouTube
- Face Recognition for Shooting Convenience
- Face Recognition technology allows you to register faces of friends and family with their names so the camera can optimize exposure and focus giving priority to them