The Echo 15 Pro+ Thunderbolt Dock with Blu-ray Burner from Sonnet enables you to connect any Mac with a Thunderbolt port to any computer peripherals through a single Thunderbolt cable. Simply plug in your printer, keyboard, mouse, cable modem, external hard drive, headphones, speakers, microphone, as well as iPad, iPhone, or iPod, and other handheld devices to the Echo dock with their supplied cables, and connect your computer to the dock with a Thunderbolt cable. By just unplugging the Thunderbolt cable, you can disconnect your computer. The docking station comes with multiple interfaces such as USB 3.0, eSATA, FireWire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm audio input, 3.5mm audio output, and Thunderbolt 2.
The dock comes with four USB 3.0 ports that support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) and ensure that UASP-enabled external drives connected to the dock achieve maximum data transfer rate potential, with performance improvement by up to 20% above the drive connected to a USB host without UASP support. Moreover, Wake on Demand (Wake on USB 3.0) support helps to wake your computer when you connect devices such as a keyboard scanner to the docking station's USB 3.0 ports. With the four USB 3.0 ports, the dock acts as a hub for your handheld iPads, iPhones, or iPods. Each port can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even when your computer is disconnected, switched off, or in sleep mode. One of the front USB 3.0 ports is even quick charge-capable-delivering 12W of power, it auto-adjusts to quickly charge all iPad, iPhone, and iPod models. The rugged aluminum case may be set horizontally or vertically to save space on the desktop. USB 3.0, audio input and audio output ports are placed on both the front and back of the enclosure, so you can leave frequently used devices connected to the back, and connect devices you disconnect more often to the front. The headphone jack on the front supports a mini TOSLINK optical digital audio cable, enabling you to pass multi-channel audio out to an audio/video system. Dual Thunderbolt ports enable the dock to support daisy chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals, and to be placed anywhere in a Thunderbolt device chain. You can even connect a Thunderbolt display or other monitor type with an appropriate adapter, so you are not limited to a single type of display interface. Depending on the display, you can even place it on top of the dock. The docking station comes with a Blu-ray burner drive that burns and plays Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and CDs. The docking station also provides extra space, mounting hardware, and connectors so that you can install an optional 2.5" or 3.5" SATA HDD (hard disk drive) or SSD (solid state drive). Dual independent 6 Gb/s SATA interfaces deliver maximum performance to support a pair of SSDs at up to 700 MB/s, or an HDD at its maximum speed. Add a high-capacity drive to use as your Mac's Time Machine drive, to back up your computer's data, or to store your ever growing media library. Optionally, you can install two high-performance SSDs for fast access to applications and files. You can expand storage without the fuss of adding another external drive, power brick, and cable clutter. You can also boot your Mac from a drive installed in the Echo dock as well as make repairs to or recover data from a problematic drive in your computer.
Note: Thunderbolt cable sold separately.
- Connects system peripherals to the Echo dock with one cable; connect your computer and disconnect it from the dock using one Thunderbolt cable 1
- The dock provides multiple interfaces, including Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, SATA and eSATA, FireWire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio
- It adds a Blu-ray burner drive to your computer that includes 4x BD-R/8x DVD ±RW drives ideal for burning or reading just about any optical disc
- It supports internal hard drive or SSD installation, so that you can install one 3.5" hard drive or two 2.5" 6 Gb/s SSDs inside the dock
- Front and rear USB 3.0 and audio ports, along with the ability to be placed horizontally or vertically, provide great flexibility in use
- The dock comes with a charger for iPod, iPads, and iPhones. The included USB 3.0 ports can charge your iPad or iPhone even while the computer is disconnected, switched off, or in sleep mode; one port supports optimized quick charging
- The Echo dock comes with a display connectivity for Thunderbolt (and, by extension, a Mini DisplayPort). Adapters (sold separately) can provide connectivity to HDMI, DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI devices through the Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort) port
- It is compatible with Mac computers with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5 or 10.9.2
- The dock mounts to VESA hole-pattern, so that you can hang the dock off the back of a monitor with VESA 75 or 100 mounting holes