The Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card with 2GB of RAM from Gigabyte is a computer graphics card that includes Windows drivers, and can be installed in desktop computers with PCI Express expansion slots. It can be used for video games, multi-screen setups, or to provide additional processing power for applications that benefit from or require a dedicated graphics card.
This card features a 1050 MHz GPU that can be overclocked (boosted) up to 1100 MHz with the aid of the OC GURU ll utility software. To help move data to and from the GPU as efficiently as possible, this version of the Radeon R9 270X features 2GB of 1400 MHz GDDR5 RAM over a 256-bit memory interface. Because GDDR RAM moves data at four words per cycle, the memory has an effective clock speed of 5600 MHz.
The card can be connected to a variety of display types, including computer monitors, HDTVs, projectors, 4K and 3D displays. It features an HDMI port with HDMI 1.4a support, a DisplayPort port with MST support, a DVI-I dual-link (digital and analogue) port, and a DVI-D (digital only) port. With this card, you can connect up to four displays concurrently (up to six using MST technology and DP hubs), and through HDMI it can drive displays with up to 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution at 30 Hz.
- Popular API Support
- Supports DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.3, AMD Stream Processing, AMD App Acceleration, and other APIs to allow compatible software to benefit from GPU acceleration, taking much of the workload off your computer's CPU
- Use Up to Six Displays with Eyefinity
- In addition to being able to connect up to three displays concurrently directly to the card, it is possible to connect up to a total of six displays via the DisplayPort output when employing Multi-Stream Transport (MST) hubs or using DisplayPort devices that support daisy-chaining
- WINDFORCE Cooling System
- Combines a 3x parallel-inclined fin module designed to minimize turbulence, two PWM fans, and copper heatpipes that together are designed to keep the card working at a safe operational temperature and minimize fan noise levels even while running overclocked, as well as extend the life expectancy of the card
- Ultra Durable VGA Board
Feature's Gigabyte's Ultra Durable VGA board technology. This technology is designed to provide the following benefits:
- Lower GPU Temperature: Achieved through doubling the copper inner layer of PCB
- Better Overclocking Capability: Achieved by reducing voltage ripples in normal and transient state, thus effectively lowering noise and helping ensure higher overclocking capability
- Decrease Power Switching Loss: Allows more bandwidth for electron passage and reduces circuit impedance. Lower the circuit impedance means more stable flow of current and better power efficiency
- GIGABYTE OC GURU II
- Utility software allowing you to adjust the card's settings, monitor performance parameters including GPU clock, memory clock, and fan, and download and update the BIOS firmware
- Combine GPUs With CrossFire
- Combine two GPUs in one system, and bridge them together using the CrossFire Bridge Interconnect cable, to extend the total graphics processing power of your system - a CrossFire-ready motherboard is required
- Gold Plated HDMI
- Gold plating is used on the HDMI port to help ensure maximum signal conductivity
- Quad Data Rate (QDR) GDDR5 RAM
- Because GDDR5 RAM can transfer up to four words per cycle, as opposed to one word per cycle with traditional RAM, the effective data rate is quadrupled, allowing this card to process data transactions as quickly as if it had a 5,600 MHz memory clock speed
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 Support
- Provides twice the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0; for example, an x8 PCI Express 3.0 slot has the same bandwidth as an x16 PCI 2.0 slot. In addition, the card remains backward-compatible with motherboards using earlier generations of PCI Express