The 2GB DDR3 version of the Radeon R7 250 Graphics Card from MSI includes software for Windows, and is suitable for desktop computers with PCI Express expansion slots. It can be used for gaming, as well as to assist applications that require or benefit from the additional processing power a dedicated graphics card provides.
The GPU in this card has a base clock speed of 1050 MHz and can be overclocked (boosted) up to 1100 MHz with the help of the included Afterburner Overclocking utility software. To help move data to and from the GPU as efficiently as possible, the card features 2GB of 900 MHz RAM and a 128-bit memory interface. Because this card uses DDR3 RAM, which processes two words per cycle, the effective memory clock speed is 1800 MHz.
Radeon R7 250 can be connected to a variety of displays, including computer monitors, HDTVs, projectors, and many 3D devices. It features an HDMI port with HDCP support so you can watch Blu-ray DVDs and other types of copy-protected media, a DVI-D (digital only) port, and a VGA port for analogue devices. It can drive displays with resolutions up to 2560 x 1600.
- Popular API Support
- With DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.3, and AMD App Acceleration compatibility, the card can leverage graphics processing optimizations when running games and other types of software written for these APIs
- Stereoscopic 3D Support
- Thanks to AMD HD3D you can view 3D content from Blu-ray DVDs, video games, 3D graphics software, and other 3D applications when using the card in conjunction with compatible active or passive 3D displays
- Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Utility software allowing you to select the level of overclocking, if any, that you desire; this software can be run from your computer, or even remotely using a smartphone app for iOS and Android devices
- Multiple GPU Support
- With CrossFire technology you can combine two compatible GPUs to extend the overall graphics processing power of your system
- AMD PowerTune and ZeroCore Technology
- Dynamically regulates power to the GPU depending on usage for lower operating temperatures and less energy consumption; increasing power when needed or reducing it to close to zero when not in use. When using two cards with CrossFire, the second card automatically shuts down when not required
- Live Update 5
- Utility software that checks for, downloads, and assists in installing BIOS firmware and driver updates
- Solid Capacitor and Propeller Blade Technology
- Uses specially designed propellers to increase airflow for better cooling which, combined with solid capacitors, is designed to extend the life-expectancy of the card even if frequently overclocked under taxing loads
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture
- Combines 28nm GPU design with scalar coprocessors at each computer unit to enable the card to handle many processing tasks traditionally the exclusive domain of the CPU
- Dual Data Rate (DDR) DDR3 RAM
- Because GDDR3 RAM can transfer two words per cycle, as opposed to one word per cycle with traditional RAM, the effective data rate is doubled, allowing this card to process data transactions as quickly as if it had a 1800 MHz memory clock speed
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 Support
- Provides twice the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0; for example, an x8 PCI Express 3.0 slot has the same bandwidth as an x16 PCI 2.0 slot. In addition, the card remains backward-compatible with motherboards using earlier generations of PCI Express