The Sony 2-Year Service Plan for Professional Camcorders ($5 - $7.5K) is Sony's Protection PLUS Extended Service Plan (ESP). It adds one years of coverage to the factory warranty on any Sony professional camcorder with a current sell price within the $5 - $7.5K price range. Coverage is applicable for a maximum of one years after the factory warranty period ends. If you originally purchased the camcorder as part of a bundle, such as a camcorder + lens kit, only the price of the camcorder is pertinent.
The plan provides the same kind of coverage as the factory warranty. It covers mechanical or electrical failure experienced during normal use, including sensor failure. Coverage will begin the day you purchase the plan. If you are also interested in accidental damage coverage, please look for this same plan but with the ADH option.
- Covers mechanical/electrical failure during normal use, including sensor failure
- No coverage cap on component failure repairs
- Repaired by Sony-authorized technicians with Sony parts
- Return shipping from Sony repair facility included
- Lightning/power surge protection included
- No lemon policy; the same component can be replaced multiple times