The TLC200 Pro HDR Time Lapse Video Camera from Brinno performs time-lapse photography and instantly creates HD videos at 1280 x 720 resolution from the captured still images. No stitching or other post-processing is required. Choose a time interval of 0.3 sec or select one of many intervals from 1 sec - 24 hr to see change over time, whether you're recording events, projects or the natural world. There's also a setting for shooting 3-5 photos in 1 sec. Videos are compressed into smaller files for easy playback on smart devices.
The TLC200 Pro features a 1.3MP, 1/3", High Dynamic Range (HDR) image sensor, which helps produce great shots with high contrast, even in challenging lighting conditions like those encountered at night. The camera accepts interchangeable CS mount lenses, including the supplied 19mm (35mm equivalent) wide-angle lens, which offers a fast f/2.0 aperture for effective low-light shooting and shallow depth-of-field effects. This lens can rotate 120°. Additionally, the camera is equipped with a 1.44" TFT LCD monitor. It's powered by 4 AA batteries, and captures files to SD or SDHC memory cards up to 32GB in capacity. A 4GB SDHC card is supplied.
With the EyeFi Pro X2 SD memory card, which is available separately, you can wirelessly transfer your time-lapse videos over a network. A Wi-Fi router compatible with 802.11b/g/n on the 2.4GHz band is required for this functionality, and also must be purchased separately.
- HDR Image Sensor
- The 1/3", 1.3MP High Dynamic Range (HDR) image sensor helps produce great shots with high contrast, even in challenging lighting conditions like those encountered at night. It's capable of capturing a greater dynamic range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than some standard CMOS sensors, for a more accurate representation of the range of intensity levels seen by the naked eye. High, medium and low HDR settings can be selected. Capture still images and HD time lapse videos at 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Time Lapse Videos
- Instantly creates HD videos from photos captured in time-lapse mode. No stitching or other post-processing is required. Thousands of photos can be combined into one video. Choose a time interval of 0.3 sec or one of many intervals from 1 sec - 24 hr, allowing you to see change over time, whether you're recording events, projects or the natural world. There's also a setting for shooting 3-5 photos in 1 sec.
- Firmware for Time-Lapse Recording
- Enables you to select a beginning and ending time for your time-lapse videos, e.g., start at 8 am, finish at 5 pm.
- Additional Shooting Mode Options
- Stop motion available using optional Shutter Line ATS110. Motion-activated shooting possible using optional Motion Sensor ATM100.
- TIMER Function
- Allows you to program when the camera will wake up and begin recording and when it will shut off. You now have complete control without having to be there to turn the camera on. Just set it and forget it.
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Accepts interchangeable CS mount lenses, including the supplied 19mm (35mm equivalent), wide-angle, aspherical glass lens, which offers a fast f/2.0 aperture for effective low-light shooting and shallow depth-of-field effects. This lens features a 112° field of view and can also rotate 120°, enabling panoramic image capture. It comes already mounted on the camera. Additional optional lenses include an 18-55mm f/1.2 and a 24-70mm f/1.4. The 18-55 measures 45mm in diameter by 55mm long and weighs 60 g, while the 24-70 is 32 x 40mm and weighs 58 g. Lenses can be removed and installed via the included screwdriver and screw. An optional IR filter can also be added.
- LCD Monitor
- Equipped with a 1.44" TFT LCD screen, which allows for accurate targeting of subjects and precise framing of scenes. You can also turn the time stamp and LED indicator options on and off. When on, the LED indicator will flash while capturing each frame. The LCD allows you to set date and time, and set the frequency band filter to none, 50 Hz for Europe, or 60 Hz for USA. Additionally, it shows you the remaining battery life and firmware version, and tells you whether the SD card is full, missing or in need of replacement. The monitor turns off after 50 sec of inactivity, in order to save power.
- Scene Settings for Night Shooting
- For a standard twilight scene, program the camera for an exposure time of up to 1 sec. For a night scene, try 2 sec. If shooting the moon, 2 sec is optimal, or 4 sec in ASAP mode. For best exposure when photographing stars, go with 4 sec, or 8 sec in ASAP mode.
- Low-Light Sensitivity
- Large pixel size of 4.2um and notable low-light sensitivity of 3650mV/lux-sec enable recording of sharp images in dim lighting situations. The updated firmware allows for fast adjustment to greater variations in light.
- Playback on Mobile Devices
- Using the optional Brinno ABR100 or another compatible card reader, play your videos on your smartphone or tablet. Videos are compressed into smaller files to make them easy to play and share.
- Image Quality
Best: Low compression rate produces maximum image data for highest quality images
Better: Good for general use
Good: High compression rate produces less image data, which is best for long capture periods
- Captures files to SD or SDHC memory cards up to 32GB in capacity, and includes a 4GB SDHC card.
- Support for Wi-Fi Connectivity with Updated Firmware
- With the EyeFi Pro X2 SD memory card, which is available separately, you can wirelessly transfer your time-lapse videos over a network using a Wi-Fi router compatible with 802.11b/g/n on 2.4GHz band.
- Accessory Mounting and Connection
- Configured with a tripod mount on the bottom. An extension connector is used to attach optional Brinno Time Lapse accessories, including the Shutter Line and Motion Sensor.
- Optional Waterproof Housing
- The ATH120 housing, which is available separately, provides water/weatherproofing. It is a clear case with a built-in lens port that is optically neutral, meaning it will not distort the field of view in any way.