The Windows 8.1 Pro Pack from Microsoft allows Windows 8.1 users to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro. With the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack, you will be able to connect to company networks, access files while on the go, and encrypt your data. Plus, you can watch and record live TV (TV tuner is required) with Windows Media Center.
You must be running Windows 8.1 in order to use the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack.
If you're running Windows 8 Pro, you can upgrade for free through the Windows Store.
- Watch & Record TV with Windows Media Center
- When you upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro, you'll gain access to the Windows Media Center. If your computer has a TV tuner, you'll be able to watch, pause, and record live HDTV. You can also watch DVDs, listen to music, view photos, and enjoy online shows with the Windows Media Center
- BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Use BitLocker Drive Encryption to protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can also block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password. Even if your drive is physically removed from your PC and installed on a different one, BitLocker can lock down your drive to prevent access
- Remote Desktop
- With Remote Desktop, you can connect your PC to a different computer in another location. For example, you can connect your office workstation to your home PC. Once connected, you can use all of your apps, files, and network resources. You can leave apps open at work and then see those same apps on your home PC
- Join & Create a Workgroup
- Join an existing workgroup on a network or create a new one with the domain join function. Workgroups allow you to share file and printer settings, so that you can stay connected to your company's network
- Windows 8.1 Required
- In order to use the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack, your computer must be running the Windows 8.1 operating system