TurboTax Home and Business Federal, E-File and State 2013 for Mac from Intuit available via electronic download, is tax software designed to guide you step-by-step through the process of filing both personal and business taxes.
When starting your own business, whether it is a sole-proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, this version of TurboTax caters to your needs by catching many of the tax deductions new businesses are eligible for. Putting it all together when it comes time to file has never been easier with unlimited W-2 and 1099 forms.
TurboTax software comes with enhanced help and support from TurboTax experts available via phone or live chat. Online audit support tools and the integrated Audit Risk Meter help you to avoid red flags that may make you a greater risk for audit. As you complete your return TurboTax double checks your return for errors and even shows your tax refund in real-time so you can see how much your getting back or how much you owe.
Customized to Your Situation
- TurboTax treats you as an individual and provides an experience tailored to you by searching for the latest deductions and credits based on your job, family, and life.
- Up-to-date with the latest tax and healthcare laws, so you know you're covered and won't miss a thing.
- TurboTax has experts to help and support you, so you know you won't get stuck if you have a question.
- TurboTax helps keep your return safe by flagging areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
Everything You Need to Easily Do Your Personal and Business Taxes
- Extra guidance for new businesses - shows startup tax deductions new businesses can take.
- Customizes questions and provides guidance based on your business profile (sole-proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, and single-owner LLC).
- Helps find all small business tax deductions and shows you which expenses you can deduct for your vehicle, supplies, utilities, home office expenses, and more.
- Walks you through industry-specific tax write-offs to help you spot commonly-overlooked deductions.
- Finds your biggest vehicle deduction by showing whether you'll get a bigger deduction using actual expenses or the standard mileage rate.
- Extra help for splitting vehicle expenses between business and personal use.
- Shows you all business income types on a single page so you know you've covered all sources of business income reported on Schedule K-1, Schedule Q, and Schedule C.
- Helps you prepare unlimited W-2 and 1099 forms for employees and contractors. Does all calculations and prints on plain paper with no special forms needed. Mac users must have Internet access to create W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Simplifies asset depreciation and helps you determine which depreciation method will get you your biggest deduction. TurboTax Home & Business + Federal E-file + State includes all the great features of TurboTax Premier plus a download of one TurboTax State Product. State E-filing extra.
No Tax Knowledge Needed
- Guides you step-by-step, asks you simple questions about your life, and puts your information in the right place for you.
- Accurately transfers last year's tax info so no retyping is necessary. You can also import from other tax stores and software including TaxACT and H&R Block at Home (Windows via .tax and .pdf; MAC via .pdf).
Get Back All the Money You Deserve
- The Deduction Maximizer searches over 400 deductions and credits, and finds those that apply to you based on your unique situation.
- Extra guidance for homeowners for things like: mortgage interest, property taxes, refinancing fees, points, and improvements to your home's energy efficiency.
- Its Deductible (included) helps you accurately value items donated to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every tax deduction you're entitled to.
- Five free Federal E-Files are included. Returning users can transfer their tax information from their previous year's return.
Your Taxes, Done Right
- Automatically double checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- TurboTax shows your tax refund in real time. The Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete each return.
- Receive email confirmation once your return has been accepted by the IRS.
There to Back You Up
- TurboTax experts are standing by to help if you need it, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- Free product help from TurboTax Agents available via phone or live chat.
- TurboTax CPAs and EAs are ready to answer your toughest tax questions by phone (fees may apply).
- Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance.
- The Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers and provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
- Choose TurboTax Home and Business If...
• You are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC
• You receive income from a side job or self-employment
• You prepare W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees or contractors
• You file your personal and business taxes together
- EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go.
- Get product support when/how you need it (via phone or live chat).
- Includes 5 Federal E-Files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible.
- Includes 1 State product via download (Print for free or E-File for $19.99 per return).
- Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year.
- Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans.
- Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis.
- Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes.
- Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing.
- Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions.
- Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing.
- Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors.
- Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct.