The PhotoDirector 5 Ultra Software from CyberLink is an electronic software download that lets you intuitively manage, adjust, edit, and showcase your photos. Its non-destructive editing means that your images can be taken back to their original state even after you have applied changes to them with the software.
PhotoDirector 5 offers a complete workflow solution, with fast adjustment tools, advanced editing controls, efficient photo management, an intelligent interface for an efficient and productive process, and ways to showcase your work in print, online, and in slideshows.
Among the features in this updated version of PhotoDirector are automatic lens correction, enhanced noise reduction, and RGB curves to change the tonal scale or contrast of the individual color channels. The HDR feature allows you to merge up to 5 bracketed shots into a single high dynamic range photo, while the split toning feature adds color to the highlights or shadows for a unique look. The new 64-bit support enables high-res 2K and 4K video slideshows with transitions, motion effects, titles, and music.
- Lens correction uses over 60 lens profiles to fix lens flaws such as barrel distortion, vignetting, and chromatic aberration.
- The unsharp mask feature makes your images appear sharper.
- Noise reduction will remove digital artifacts from photos taken at a high ISO in low-light situations.
- The RGB curves tool lets you individually adjust the red, green, and blue channels.
- The tilt-shift function simulates a tilt-shift lens by adding blur to the foreground and background of the image.
- Photo presets are available for you to add quick, creative image adjustments.
- Creative color tones give your photos a variety of unique looks, such as monochrome, duotone or other filtered effects.
- A protective brush tool allows you to reshape selected parts of a photo while leaving the rest of your photo untouched.
- Eye blinger enhances the whites of eyes by removing color casts and brings out the color in the iris of the eyes.
- The wrinkle removal tool retouches imperfections such as wrinkles and blemishes.
- The skin smoother tool evens out skin tones.
- The tooth brush makes it easy to whiten teeth, and by selecting the eraser tool you can fine-tune your adjustments.
- Content-aware removal allows the removal of unwanted objects from a photo by intelligently replacing the objects with content similar to their surroundings.
- Creative photo composition is a tool that extracts objects from images so you can add them to other photos as overlays.
- Stylistic effects such as changing your photos to black and white, sepia toned, or adding a blur effect can be easily achieved.
- A watermark tool allows you to add titles, frames, copyright, and exif data to your images.
- Manage your photos using face recognition, auto importing, IPTC metadata editing, and auto image stacks.
- There are multiple layouts for viewing and editing your photos, such as library, lightbox, grid, browser, and video modes.
- This version of PhotoDirector processes RAW files 3x faster than the previous version, and also offers 16-bit support, batch editing, dual screen support and seamless round-trip editing with PowerDirector.
- You can export photos in different color spaces for print, or directly to your favorite social media site.