The Mercury Elite Pro Dual Multi-Interface Performance RAID Enclosure Kit from Other World Computing houses two user-supplied drives that can be easily configured in RAID 0, RAID 1, span, or JBOD (independent) modes via the RAID selector switch on the back. The Mercury Elite Pro Dual also has two Thunderbolt ports as well as a USB 3.0 port to provide fast access to your data. The Mercury Elite Pro Dual features a durable, heat-dissipating, brushed-aluminum enclosure and it is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux computers.
- High Performance
- The high-speed Intel "Cactus Ridge" chipset, combined with some of the fastest SATA drive mechanisms available, gives the Mercury Elite Pro Dual the ability to reach single-drive transfer rates of up to 1250 MB/s (via Thunderbolt)
- The compact and shock-resistant design of the Mercury Elite Pro Dual offers two Thunderbolt ports and one USB 3.0 port for high-speed data transfer rates. The OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual even includes all needed cables
- Smart Sense
- A built-in, power-saving connection sensor detects when the data cable is disconnected from a Mac or PC's native Thunderbolt or USB interface and automatically spins down the drives to conserve energy during periods of inactivity. This is also ideal for notebook users who can go mobile without the need to turn it off or unplug the power cord. For RAID 0 or RAID 1 functionality, it is recommended that identical drives be utilized. This function is also available through an interface card, provided the card offers hot plug capability. LED and fan will remain on during disk inactivity
- Durability and Reliability
- The OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual has a durable design and is backed with a one-year limited warranty from OWC