The EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens from Canon is a standard zoom lens that's designed for the EOS M series digital cameras. The focal length is equivalent to approximately 29-88mm in the 35mm format, which makes it a versatile everyday lens.
The lens features Canon's optical image stabilization technology, which provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction for eliminating image blur caused by camera movement and slow shutter speeds. This enables clear, crisp imaging, even in dim light. Equipped with Movie Servo AF, the EF-M lens provides smooth and silent autofocus which is important when shooting video. It also features Dynamic IS, which provides image stabilization in video mode and can reduce the shakes that accompany a video shot while walking.
The EF-M lens has a seven blade, circular aperture. This promotes beautiful, soft backgrounds. Plus, optimized lens placement and coatings ensure minimized ghosting and flare. The lens also features three aspherical elements, which reduce aberration throughout the zoom range and create high resolution, high contrast images.
The product comes supplied in a plain white box, instead of the manufacturer's packaging. It includes all the manufacturer's accessories.
- Standard zoom lens for EOS M-series digital camera with image stabilization for up to four equivalent stops of shake correction.
- Compact and lightweight design allows easy portability
- Supports Movie Servo AF during video shooting by utilizing a stepping motor for smooth and silent autofocus.
- Three aspherical lens elements reduce aberration throughout the zoom range.
- Dynamic IS in video mode delivers a wider image stabilization correction range, making it ideal for reducing the shake in videos shot while walking.
- Circular 7-blade aperture creates beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x at the telephoto end
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8"