The black Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 is a Wi-Fi enabled 16.3 megapixel digital camera that runs the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. This provides the ability to utilize Android apps available through Google Play. The camera also features a 21x optical zoom f/2.8-5.9 lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 23-483mm and optical image stabilization
The Galaxy Camera 2 also has the ability to capture full HD 1920 x 1080 video at up to 30 frames per second with a variety of effects. All of this processing is handled by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM. This allows the camera to run apps and process images smoothly.
For changing settings and shooting there is a 4.8" Super Clear Touch LCD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720. This gives it a similar interface to those commonly found on smartphones, ideal for working with the Android operating system and running applications. This information is stored within the 8GB of internal memory, which is capable of being expanded up to 64GB with the use of a microSDXC card.
Taking pictures can be supplemented by the use of a built-in pop-up Xenon flash. This features numerous red-eye reduction and automatic firing modes for the best shot in any condition. Additionally, this camera has a wide range of connectivity features, including Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC for ensuring fast and secure connections to your other devices.
- 16.3 MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor and 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
- The 16.3 MP sensor and 1.6GHz quad-core processor allow you to capture high resolution images and video as well as run applications downloaded from Google Play. This allows for excellent quality across the ISO range of 100-3200 as well as a responsive interface for editing images through your choice of applications.
- 21x Optical Zoom Lens
- The built-in 21x optical zoom lens features a variable aperture of f/2.8-5.9 and utilizes optical image stabilization to reduce motion blur from camera shake across the telephoto zoom range and with long shutter speeds. This lens provides an equivalent 35mm focal length of 23-483mm.
- 4.8" HD Super Clear TFT LCD Display
- The 4.8" TFT LCD screen has a high definition resolution of 1280 x 720 for clear images and a large surface area for working with your applications and settings. It also provides an excellent view for watching videos and dealing with other graphics.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- The Galaxy Camera 2 utilizes the familiar and powerful Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system to create an efficient and easy-to-navigate user-interface for controlling camera functions and for seamless sharing of imagery. Access to a wide network of Android apps is available for personalized fine-tuning of files and a multitude of options for output and sending.
- Built-In GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, & NFC Connectivity
- Always stay connected with built-in GPS, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and Near Field connectivity. These options let you work easily and quickly with other devices as well as giving added functionality to your camera. Some tools include the ability to remotely operate your camera with a smartphone or by geotagging your images as you shoot.
- Other Camera Features
2GB RAM for supporting the processing power of the CPU
Pre-loaded Dropbox app with 50GB of free storage for up to two years
Increased battery life of 2000mAh compared to previous generations
Tag & Go utilizes NFC to connected quickly to smartphones and other NFC-enabled devices
Photo Beam automatically sends photos to a paired smartphone
Mobile Link allows you to selectively send images to your mobile device
Remote Viewfinder lets you control the camera with a smartphone
Smart Mode includes 28 different pre-set modes for different scenarios
Selfie Alarm takes five consecutive images for selecting the best image to share with friends
Multi-Motion Video captures 768 x 512 video at up to 120 frames per second
Included apps feature Story Album, Samsung Link, Group Play, Xtremera, Paper Artist, Gallery, Photo Wizard, Video Editor, and S-Voice
In-camera photo and video effects include vignette, grayscale, sepia, vintage, faded colors, turquoise, tint, cartoon, moody, rugged, oil pastel, and fisheye