The Radeon HD 7770 Graphics Card from ASUS is a computer graphics card with Windows software that can be installed in desktop computers with PCI Express expansion slots. It can be used for gaming as well as other applications that require or benefit from the processing power a dedicated graphics card provides.
The GPU in the Radeon HD 7770 has been factory overclocked (boosted) to 1020 MHz, and includes the ASUS GPU Tweak utility software so you can adjust the boost speed and other parameters . To move data to and from the GPU as efficiently as possible, it features 2GB of 1150 MHz GDDR5 RAM, which has an effective (QDR) clock speed of 4600 MHz, as well as a 128-bit memory interface.
The card can be connected to a variety of display types, including computer monitors, HDTVs, projectors, and 3D displays. It features an HDMI port with HDCP support so you can watch Blu-ray DVDs and other types of copy-protected media, a DisplayPort port, and two DVI-I (digital and analogue) ports. In addition, a DVI to VGA adapter allows you to connect analogue devices. It can drive digital displays with a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600, and analogue displays with a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536.
- Stereoscopic 3D Support
- With AMD HD3D, using this card you can view 3D content from Blu-ray DVDs, video games, 3D graphics software, and other 3D applications when connecting it to compatible active or passive 3D displays
- Popular API Support
- Supports DirectX 11.2 and other APIs to allow GPU-aware applications to benefit from the acceleration provided by a dedicated graphics card, taking much of the workload off your computer's CPU
- Connect Up to Six Displays with Eyefinity
- Thanks to AMD Eyefinity technology, you can connect up to a total of six displays via the DisplayPort output when employing Multi-Stream Transport (MST) hubs or using DisplayPort devices that support daisy-chaining
- CrossFireX Multiple GPU Support
- Combine two compatible GPUs to extend your total graphics processing power
- ASUS GPU Tweak
- Utility software that allows for real-time monitoring of GPU performance from your desktop, assistance overclocking, the ability to adjust boost speed, voltage, and fan performance, notifications of BIOS firmware and driver updates, and assistance installing any new updates it finds
- Dual Fan Cooling System
- Two fans over the heatsinks are designed to increase airflow for quieter operation and more efficient cooling even under heavy loads such as graphically intensive video games
- DIGI+ VRM and Super Alloy Power
- Alloy components and flattened copper heatpipes designed to reduce power loss, enhance durability, and achieve cooler operating temperatures to help minimize fan noise and extend the lifespan of the card
- Quad Data Rate (QDR) GDDR5 RAM
- Because GDDR5 RAM can transfer up to four words per cycle, as opposed to one word per cycle with traditional RAM, the effective data rate is quadrupled, allowing this card to process data transactions as quickly as if it had a 4600 MHz memory clock speed
- PCI Express 3.0 Support
- Provides twice the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0; for example, an x8 PCI Express 3.0 slot has the same bandwidth as an x16 PCI 2.0 slot. In addition, the card remains backward-compatible with motherboards using earlier generations of PCI Express