The black Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS35 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot digital camera featuring a 16MP High Sensitivity MOS sensor to enable high-resolution still imaging and full HD 1080p video recording with marked low-light quality and sensitivity to an expandable ISO 6400. Fast performance is also afforded throughout the camera system, including the ability to record full-resolution imagery up to 10 fps for up to 10 images or 2 fps with AF tracking.
Complementing the imaging performance of the camera is the built-in Lumix DC Vario 20x optical zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-480mm to suit working in a wide variety of situations. Aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements help to produce sharp, high contrast imagery and also work to minimize aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range. Benefitting the extensive zooming capabilities of this lens is POWER O.I.S. image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to better support working with greater zoom magnifications or longer shutter speeds.
For live view monitoring and image review, a large 3.0" 460k-dot LCD screen is available and features a 180° tilting design to support front-facing and low-angle shooting. The monitor also avails intuitive menu navigation for applying a host of camera settings, including Creative Control modes and Creative Panorama, as well as accessing the built-in Wi-Fi functionality. This connectivity enables instant transferring of photos or movies to linked mobile devices as well as remote shooting and viewing capabilities.
- 16MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- A 16 megapixel 1/2.33" High Sensitivity MOS sensor works to produce high-resolution imagery with notable low-light sensitivity to an expanded ISO 6400. The MOS sensor contributes to an excellent signal-to-noise ratio, as well, to produce imagery with a high degree of clarity and minimal noise. The imaging system also affords a wealth of speed and performance throughout the camera system including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 10 fps (in a 10 frame burst) or 2 fps AF tracking.
- Lumix DC Vario 20x Optical Zoom Lens
A tremendously long-reaching Lumix DC Vario 20x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-480mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit shooting from nearly any vantage point. Extending the magnification of this lens even further are Intelligent Zoom and Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) technologies, which work to effectively increase the zoom ratio even further with minimal image degradation.
The lens construction integrates three aspherical elements, with six aspherical surfaces, and two extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity.
- POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) works to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting with longer shutter speeds or greater zoom magnifications in order to realize stable, sharp, and clear imagery. This stabilization system also features Active Mode, which benefits video recording by accounting for different directions of movement in order to steadier movie recordings, even while walking or moving when recording.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps is supported in the Internet-friendly MP4 format. A dedicated movie record button allows for a seamless transition into the recording mode without having to alter any camera settings. An HDMI port is also incorporated into the camera's design to support high definition playback directly on HDTVs.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
The camera can quickly and easily be linked to mobile devices using an intuitive QR code system, which can be recognized on the mobile device when using the Panasonic Image App to scan the code. Once connected, remote shooting and viewing, as well as image transferring and sharing, can be efficiently handled.
- Remote Shooting/Remote View: Using your linked mobile device, a live view image can be seen at a distance from the camera and zooming, setting focus, releasing the shutter, and recording settings like exposure compensation can all be controlled from a smartphone or tablet.
- Wi-Fi Features: Photos and videos, as well as Photo Collages, can instantly be uploaded and shared to a range of social networking sites, such as Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa. Additionally, the linked device can be used to tag location info to imagery for geotagging capabilities.
- Wireless Image Transfer: The Instant Transfer function permits direct, automated sending of imagery to designated electronic devices after each exposure. You can also send imagery when in playback mode by simply tapping on the desired images. The Auto Transfer function further extends these capabilities by automatically transferring all imagery to a home computer or other compliant device when the camera is plugged in for charging and within a specified wireless network.
- Other Camera Features
- Within the compact overall form of the camera is a large 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor, which features a 180° tilting design to benefit working from low and front-facing angles.
- iA (Intelligent Auto) mode automatically sets all camera exposure settings to clearly render the scene at hand, allowing you to simply compose and shoot.
- Creative Control provides 15 different filter effects for modifying the appearance of your images: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, and One Point Color. Additionally, many of these filters can be used during video recording.
- Creative Panorama mode automatically stitches together multiple images taken while swiveling the camera in order to realize one wide-spanning horizontal or vertical image.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be conveniently charged in-camera using either an AC or USB power source and allows approximately 350 images to be recorded per charge.
- Language support: English and Spanish.