The HC-V250 Full HD Camcorder from Panasonic features Full HD 1920 x 1080 recording, along with a 50x optical and 90x intelligent zoom. Intelligent zoom uses a new technology to capture video even when the optical range is exceeded, and the subjects are very far away, like at sporting stadiums.
The camcorder also includes built-in Wi-Fi and is NFC (near-field communication) enabled for even more flexibility when pairing up with optional HDTVs and mobile devices. They also include a Baby Monitor feature that allows you to check in on a sleeping baby in another room (when the camcorder is connected to your home network with a smartphone). You can speak to the baby using your smartphone and even be notified when the baby cries or when a voice is detected in the room. Ustream allows you to live stream video over the Internet as well.
The HC-V250 also contains a high-sensitivity gyro sensor that detects hand movement at approximately 4000 times per second to aid the lens in applying correction, so that your movies jitter less when walking and shooting. Built-in modes like Miniature Effect, 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, and Time Lapse Recording also help to inspire and creatively control your shooting. There's also a BSI sensor that helps you shoot in low light situations.
- 50x Optical Zoom and 90x Intelligent Zoom
- Intelligent zoom uses super resolution technology for imaging at HD quality even when the optical range is exceeded. This function enables shooting sharp close-ups of faraway subjects. This is effective when you are separated from the subject by a considerable distance such as when shooting outdoor events.
- Built-In Wi-Fi & NFC One Touch Connectivity
- Built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for home or office network compatibility is featured in these camcorders, along with NFC (near-field communication) functionality, for hooking up your camcorder to NFC enabled devices. You can also live stream video to paired devices over the Internet using Ustream.
- Baby Monitor Feature
- The camera includes a Baby Monitor feature which enables you to check on a sleeping baby in another room with the camcorder connected to home network with a smartphone. You can speak to the baby using your smartphone, or have notification sent to your smartphone when your baby's crying voice or other sound is detected.
- Power O.I.S.+ Optical Image Stabilization with Active Mode & O.I.S. Lock
- A high-sensitivity gyro sensor that detects hand movement with a precision of approximately 4000 times per second and linear motors are used to drive the lens to apply correction. This minimizes the effects of hand movement when shooting during high-magnification zoom or while walking. The camcorder also supports a stabilization lock feature.
- Creative Control Effects
- The built-in Creative Control modes include Miniature Effect, 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, and Time Lapse Recording. They enable you to add effects to your video for further enhancing your creativity.
- Backside Illuminated Sensor
- A backside illuminated sensor is incorporated in the camcorder for recording sharp images even in dimly-lit locations. This enables recording of sharp, high-quality full-HD video with minimal noise.
- Auto/manual focus and iris
- Display 20, 9, or 1 thumbnail image per page
- Dynamic type speaker and 2-channel stereo zoom microphone