The C4500 BC Front-Address Condenser Microphone from AKG is designed for use in live broadcast applications as well as for close miking loud sound sources. The mic has a cardioid polar pattern and a front-address design with a minimized proximity effect, decreasing the occurrence of a boost in bass when placed closer to a source.
The mic can handle SPL levels up to 165dB, allowing it to be used on a variety of sources besides voice. For use on particularly loud sources, the C4500 has a selectable 20dB pre-attenuation pad. Additional control is provided in the form of a selectable bass cut filter at 120Hz. A windscreen and AKG's H85 shockmount are included.
- Minimized Proximity Effect
- For unchanged sound at varying distances
- Low 8dBA Self-Noise
- For studio and broadcast applications
- High SPL Handling
- Distortion-free operation for sources up to 165db SPL
- Transformerless Output Circuit
- Ensures zero susceptibility to RF and EMI
- Multi-Layer Pop-Screen Filter
- Minimizes blowing noise