The CB35-A3120 13.3" Chromebook Computer from Toshiba is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a minimalist sunray silver finish and a more user-friendly interface than traditional notebook computers, the Toshiba Chromebook features a unique computing experience enhanced by the Internet.
The Toshiba Chromebook has a 13.3" TruBrite LED-backlit display. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. Its resolution can support native 720p HD video playback without upscaling. The display also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. There's also an HDMI port so you'll be able to output video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron 2955U processor. It also has 2GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 16GB solid state drive, two free years of 100GB storage space on Google Drive, a multi-format Secure Digital media card reader (an adapter may be required for some card formats), 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. The Toshiba Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience
- Wireless Connectivity
- Internet access is very important to the functionality of Chrome OS. That's why the Toshiba Chromebook offers 802.11a/g/n wireless connectivity so you'll have no trouble connecting to wireless networks. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 support so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to compatible Bluetooth devices, such as a wireless mouse
- 13.3" TruBrite LED-Backlit Display
- The Toshiba Chromebook boasts a 13.3" HD TruBrite LED-backlit display. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. With native support for 720p HD video playback, the HDMI port allows you to output high-definition video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV
- Dual-Core Intel Celeron Performance
- The Toshiba Chromebook houses an Intel Celeron 2955U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.4 GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L3 cache and 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, the Toshiba Chromebook provides reliable performance for everyday tasks, such as checking email or surfing the web
- Compact Design
- Measuring 0.8" thin and weighing just 3.3 pounds, the Toshiba Chromebook features a sunray silver finish in a compact and stylish design
- Automatic Updates
- The Toshiba Chromebook is fast to use and doesn't slow down over time. It comes with built-in virus protection so you don't need to buy or install antivirus software. They come with apps for all your everyday needs and keep your files safely backed up in the cloud
- Fast Boot Up and Resume Times
- The Toshiba Chromebook boots up quickly as well as resumes instantly from where you left off, thanks to its 16GB solid-state drive