The C55D-A5163 15.6" Notebook Computer from Toshiba features a satin black finish with a Trax Horizon design. The 15.6" TruBrite LED-backlit display has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution with native support for 720p HD content. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.0 GHz AMD E-Series E1-2100 processor. It also has 4GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with DTS Studio Sound technology.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8.1 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click will simply takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Toshiba Satellite C55D
- Dual-Core AMD E-Series Performance
- This Toshiba Satellite C55D houses an AMD E-Series E1-2100 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.0 GHz. With a dedicated 1MB L2 cache and 4GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM, this Toshiba Satellite C55D can run applications, open web pages, retrieve email and more
- 15.6" TruBrite LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" TruBrite widescreen display of the Toshiba Satellite C55 features LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The screen also features a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- The Toshiba Satellite C55D can connect to a home or public wireless network via 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. If you require a more reliable Internet connection, you can utilize the 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- The Toshiba Satellite C55D houses a SuperMulti DVD burner, which supports up to 11 disc formats, which are CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it