The Samyang 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical IF Lens for Micro Four Thirds Mount Cameras is a compact telephoto prime lens that provides a focal length equivalence of 170mm when used on Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras. The fast, bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is effective in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field control.
This manual focus and manual exposure lens features an internal focusing mechanism that maintains the overall lens length during focusing and does not rotate the front of the lens, making it well-suited for use with polarizers or graduated neutral density filters.
One aspherical element is incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and produce imagery with a degree of sharpness and clarity. A UMC multi-coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich images.
- Telephoto prime lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 127.5mm when used on a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital camera.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over focusing for selective focus and shallow depth of field imagery.
- One aspherical element has been integrated into the lens' design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and contribute to high overall sharpness.
- UMC multi-coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design incorporates an internal focusing mechanism that maintains the overall length of the lens when focusing.
- Eight-blade rounded diaphragm produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is well suited to shallow depth of field applications.