The Nvidia NVS 315 Graphics Card for Z Series Workstations is an enterprise graphics card from HP that targets HP's Z series workstation computers. The card features a low-profile form factor for deployment in thin client devices or other space-limited systems, and supports the installation of multiple cards in one machine.
In keeping with its size-conscious design, the card features a single DMS-59 connector. Through this port it supports DisplayPort up to DP 1.2 (including audio), DVI-D single link, and VGA, and can drive up to two displays at once. A DMS-59 to dual VGA adapter is included and adapters for DisplayPort and DVI are available.
The NVS 315 core features 48 CUDA Cores (stream processors) which not only act as shaders for rending display graphics, they also act as general purpose processors assisting applications that support parallel processing. To move data to and from the core as efficiently as possible, the card features a 1GB frame buffer based on DDR3 type RAM over a 64-bit memory interface. Altogether, this card features a memory bandwidth of up to 14 GB/s.
- Compatible HP Workstations
- Compatible Z series workstations this card may be installed in include: Z820, Z620, Z420, and Z220 (CMT and SFF)
- Flexible Connectivity
- The NVS 315 features a DMS-59 output that can be connected a variety of display types. In addition to the supplied dual VGA adapter, the card supports DisplayPort 1.2 (with audio) and DVI-D single link when using optional adapters. HDCP is supported for digital displays, and up to two displays may be used concurrently
- Popular API Support
- Support for Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.1, DirectX 11, CUDA, DirectCompute, OpenACC, and other APIs allows applications that support parallel processing to shift all or part of their workload to the GPU for better performance and a more efficient workflow
- Nvidia Mosiac and nView
- Nvidia software solution that assists managing multi-display setups when combining more than one GPU in one machine. Independent or unified desktop configurations are supported