The Focusrite iTrack Dock Professional Recording for iPad is designed for studio recording directly to a lightning connector iPad (4th generation, Air) or iPad mini (with or without retina display). The dock features two Focusrite Scarlett series preamplifiers with switchable +48V of phantom power for powering condenser microphones. The unit can record two simultaneous channels of audio at up to 24-bit 96 kHz resolution with a dynamic range of 105 dB.
For I/O, input one of the dock features a balanced XLR input for connecting to a microphone, a 1/4" instrument DI input for connecting to a source such as a guitar, and a 1/4" balanced line input for connecting to line level sources such as a synthesizer, drum machine, or CD player. Input two features a balanced XLR input for connecting to a microphone and a 1/4" balanced line input.
For outputs, the dock features two balanced 1/4" outputs for connecting to headphones or powered studio monitors. A USB type A port allows you to connect a MIDI controller and a Kensington port allows you to secure the device with a Kensington lock.
The front panel features separate gain control knobs for inputs 1 and 2 with gain level LED ring halos, a headphone output knob, a monitor output knob, and a direct monitor button for latency-free monitoring. The dock comes with "Tape," Focusrite's iPad application for recording, mastering, and sharing music. The unit is also plug-and-play compatible with CORE audio iPad apps such as Garageband, Auria, and Cubasis.
- iPad Dock
- Connect, charge, and record audio to lighting connector iPads (4th generation, air, mini, mini with retina)
- Records audio at up to 24-bit 96 kHz resolution
- Microphone Pre-Amps
- Provides two Scarlett range microphone pre-amplifiers with +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar Input
- Provides DI for direct connection to a guitar with soft-clipping circuitry for loud sources
- Recording App
- Includes "Tape" by Focusrite app for iPad which can be used for recording, mastering, and sharing music
- MIDI Controller Connection and Power
- Includes USB port for providing power to and transferring MIDI data from a MIDI controller
- Dynamic Range
- Provides 105 dB of dynamic range over balanced 1/4" connections and stereo headphone output
- Stereo Line Inputs
- Enables connection to a range of stereo sound devices with balanced line outputs such as synthesizers, drum machines, and CD players
- CORE Audio Apps on iPad
- Supports plug-and-play CORE audio application such as Garageband, Cubasis, Auria, and others to come