The RS814+ Rackstation 4-Bay NAS Server from Synology features enhanced data read speeds of 330 MB/s and data write speeds of 196 MB/s allowing for the quick transfer of data to and from drives inserted into the four drive bays. This unit does not include hard drives but comes compatible with both 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA II and SATA III hard drives and solid state drives. The hot swappable drive bays hold a total of 16TB of storage with a max drive capacity of 8 when combined with the RX410 expansion unit (sold separately).
The enhanced storage capacity is backed up by a 2.13 GHz dual core Intel Atom processor and 2GB of DDR3 RAM expandable up to 4GB. Along with superior processing power, you benefit from Synology's DiskStation Management software. This included software supports a maximum file system size of up to 108TB with a max internal volume number of 512. Supported RAID types include Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic RAID, JBOD, and RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10, while RAID migration can be accomplished by transferring data through Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, and RAID 5 to RAID 6 configurations.
- Experience High Performance Data Throughput
- Equipped with four Gigabit LANs and with Link Aggregation enabled, Synology RS814+ delivers an exceptional 330 MB/s read speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 196 MB/s write speed. With RAM twice the size of its predecessor, the Synology RS814+ provides high multi-tasking performance that your data-intensive applications demand for a storage system. Featuring two USB 3.0 ports, the RS814+ efficiently saves the time needed for external data storage.
- Reliant and Reliable
The RS814+ is built for reliability with four LAN ports providing redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure while hot swappable drives also help to minimize system downtime during drive replacement. Should a fan fail, built-in redundancy mechanisms will spin up functional fans to improve ventilation.
Along with hot swappable drives, you benefit from the Synology High Availability (SHA) feature allowing for seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications, and to decrease the risk of unexpected interruption and costly downtime.
- Virtualization Compliance
- With iSCSI support in DSM, the RS814+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5, and VAAI integration, the RS814+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. It is the ideal alternative to storage area network (SAN) solution for businesses.
- Robust & Affordable Scalability Up to 32TB
- When the storage capacity of the Synology RS814+ is nearing its limits, it can easily be expanded by the Synology RX410. The Synology RX410 securely connects to the Synology RS814+ via an eSATA cable with specially-designed locking connectors, and expands the existing storage on the Synology RS814+ up to a maximum 32TB capacity.
- Fit to Business Environment
Windows ADS integration allows the Synology RS814+ to quickly and easily fit an existing business network environment with no need to recreate users' accounts on the Synology RS814+. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator's effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users.
Windows ACL support on RS814+ provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on RS814+ through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS and WebDAV.
- Full-Featured Business Applications
The Synology RS814+ runs on the Synology DSM operating system offering comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for SMBs. Comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level.
A wealth of additional features allows the Synology RS814+ to replace several pieces of network hardware. Synology Web Station with Support for PHP/MySQL content allows for the hosting of up to 30 websites on a single Synology RS814+. Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to safeguard the office environments by deploying IP cameras throughout the network. RS814+ features a mail server that can work with mail clients such as Mac Mail or Windows Outlook, and the USB printer sharing capability minimizes businesses' printing cost by sharing printing resources throughout the office. Cloud Station allows users to sync files among multiple devices, including Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android tablets or phones, effortlessly keeping everything up to date.
- Energy Efficient Design
- Synology RS814+ is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average storage server counterparts, the RS814+ consumes a relatively low amount of power. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time.