The U-PHORIA UMC1820 from Behringer is a USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface featuring a combination of eighteen analog and digital inputs and twenty analog and digital outputs. With 24-bit/96kHz resolution, the unit provides connectivity for microphones, guitars, keyboards and MIDI devices. Eight MIDAS designed microphone preamps can supply 48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones.
Aside from the eight XLR/TRS combo connectors, the interface also includes S/PDIF coaxial input and output, as well as ADAT optical inputs and outputs that support both S/PDIF and SMUX operation. MIDI input and output is available, along with USB MIDI for adding a control surface for DAW control. And speaking of DAWs, the unit is compatible with most popular recording software for Mac OS X and Windows.
A mix control allows zero-latency direct monitoring to aid performances without any delay or lag in the returning signal. A pair of headphone outputs is available with individual volume controls and an A/B source select for DJ-style cueing. Upon registering the interface at behringer.com, a complimentary download code for the full version of Tracktion 4 DAW software is provided.
- Eighteen input, twenty output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface with 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Eight MIDAS designed microphone preamps with 48V phantom power
- Eight XLR/TRS combo inputs
- Coaxial S/PDIF input and output
- ADAT optical input and output supporting S/PDIF and S/MUX formats up to 96kHz
- Simultaneous use of all analog, coaxial S/PDIF, optical ADAT and MIDI signals
- Zero-latency direct monitoring of all analog inputs while recording
- ADAT input allows for expanding to a total of sixteen MIDAS designed preamps using an optional ADA8200 expander
- Input/playback mix control and stereo/mono switch for direct monitoring
- Dual headphones outputs with individual level controls and monitor A/B source select for DJ-style cueing
- Main outputs with dim, mute and dedicated main level control
- Compatible with most current recording software running under Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Impact-resistant metal chassis