The 566 to 608 and 614 to 638 MHz version of the Sony UTX-M03 Integrated Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter features an all-metal chassis, an easy to read LCD display, a wide switching RF bandwidth, USB power and charging options, automatic channel scanning, infrared synchronization between the transmitter and receiver, and digital companding circuitry to improve the transient response of received audio. The package is suitable for a wide range of wireless applications such as ENG (Electronic News Gathering), talk shows, lectures, and more.
The transmitter is referred to as integrated digital because the transmitter and receiver utilize DSP for digital companding and expanding of the transmission signal. Performing the companding and expanding processes in the digital domain improves the accuracy and transient response of the received audio.
The handheld microphone transmitter features a unidirectional capsule, a built-in windscreen, and a robust metal construction. The capsule can be removed and interchanged with over 40 compatible microphone capsules from various manufacturers, such as the industry standard Shure SM58. The transmitter can operate for up to 8 hours on two AA-size alkaline batteries, can be powered or recharged via USB micro B connections, and features a comprehensive LCD display.
The unit comes with a screw adapter and a microphone holder.
- Interchangeable Microphone Capsules
- Enables use of Sony's DWX Series microphone capsules such as the F31, F32, or CU-C31 as well as over 40 capsules from other manufacturers such as the industry standard Shure SM58
- Digital Companding
- Utilizes analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter stages so that the transmission signal can be digitally companded by the transmitter and digitally expanded by the receiver for improved audio transient response
- Automatic Channel Scanning
- Scans for available transmission channels and then syncs the transmitter to the receiver via infrared
- Frequency Coverage
- Provides up to 66 MHz of transmission bandwidth
- UWP Series / WL-800 Series Compatibility
- Enables cross-compatibility between the UWP-D transmitter with a UWP Series or WL-800 Series receiver or UWP Series or WL-800 Series transmitter with a UWP-D receiver
- USB Power Options
- Supports USB powering and USB charging of internal Ni-MH rechargeable batteries placed in the battery cartridge
- UHF Phase Locked Loop (PLL) Synthesized Frequencies
- Provides stable transmission and reception by generating a transmission frequency and locking the phase of the transmission signal to the incoming signal of the receiver
- True Diversity Reception
- Utilizes dual antenna reception circuits and selects the stronger incoming signal to reduce drop-outs
- Tone Squelch Circuitry
- Transmits a pilot-tone signal with the audio signal and only outputs the audio signal if the pilot tone is present to reduce RF interference from other sources
- Simultaneous Multi-Channel Operation
- Stores the most stable interference-free transmission frequencies to internal memory for rapid setup and switching between frequency groups
- Selectable RF Output
- The transmitter allows selection between 5mW output power and 30mW output. 5mW is suitable for indoor, simultaneous multi-channel operation while 30mW is intended for outdoor long-range use
- Visual Display
- Features a comprehensive LED display providing channel and frequency information, battery life, total usage time and more
- All-Metal Construction
- Features metal construction for durability