The 470 to 542 MHz version of the Sony UTX-P03 Hybrid Digital Wireless Plug-on Transmitter features an all-metal chassis, an easy to read LCD display, a wide switching RF bandwidth, USB power and charging options, automatic channel scanning, infrared synchronization between transmitter and receiver, a Mic/Line switchable input, +48V phantom power, and digital companding circuitry. The transmitter is suitable for a wide range of wireless applications such as ENG (Electronic News Gathering), documentary work, talk shows, conferences, and more.
The transmitter is referred to as hybrid digital because it utilizes DSP for digital companding and expanding of the transmission signal. Performing the companding and expanding processes in the digital domain improves the accuracy and transient response of the received audio.
The system utilizes UHF Phase Locked Loop (PLL) synthesis to lock the phase of the transmission frequency between transmitter and receiver. The receiver can automatically search for an available transmission frequency and link the desired frequency to the transmitter via infrared connection. An LCD display provides channel AND frequency information, battery life, RF-input level, audio-output status and accumulated operating time.
For power, the transmitter operates on TWO AA batteries for up to 6 hours, or on 5 VDC of USB power over a USB micro B cable. The USB connection can also be used to recharge Ni-MH rechargeable batteries within the battery cartridge.
The transmitter features a mic- and line-level switch for standard wired microphone- or line-level sources. The plug-on transmitter also features selectable +48V of phantom power for connection to a condenser microphone. Selectable transmission output power provides a choice between 5mW output, which is suitable for simultaneous multi-channel operation, or 30mW output for long distance transmission. The transmitter comes with a soft case.
- Digital Companding
- Utilizes analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter stages so that the transmission signal can be digitally companded by the transmitter and digitally expanded by the receiver for improved audio transient response
- Automatic Channel Scanning
- Scans for available transmission channels and then syncs the transmitter to the receiver via infrared
- Frequency Coverage
- Provides up to 72 MHz of transmission bandwidth
- UWP Series / WL-800 Series Compatibility
- Enables cross-compatibility between the UWP-D transmitter with a UWP Series or WL-800 Series receiver or UWP Series or WL-800 Series transmitter with a UWP-D receiver
- USB Power Options
- Supports USB powering and USB charging of internal Ni-MH rechargeable batteries placed in the battery cartridge
- Phantom Power on Plug-On Transmitter
- Provides selectable +48V of phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- UHF Phase Locked Loop (PLL) Synthesized Frequencies
- Provides stable transmission and reception by generating a transmission frequency and locking the phase of the transmission signal to the incoming signal of the receiver
- Tone Squelch Circuitry
- Transmits a pilot-tone signal with the audio signal and only outputs the audio signal if the pilot tone is present to reduce RF interference from other sources
- Mic and Line Input Switch
- Enables switching between microphone- and line-level inputs
- Simultaneous Multi-Channel Operation
- Stores the most stable interference-free transmission frequencies to internal memory for rapid setup and switching between frequency groups
- Selectable RF Output
- The transmitter allows selection between 5mW output power and 30mW output. 5mW is suitable for indoor, simultaneous multi-channel operation while 30mW is intended for outdoor, long-range use
- Visual Display
- Features a comprehensive LED display providing channel and frequency information, battery life, total usage time and more
- Improved All-Metal Construction
- The transmitter features metal construction for durability