This Underwater Housing from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the surface with your Nikon D5300 DSLR camera. It has a depth rating of 200'. The housing's mechanical controls, which consist of knurled knobs and levers, provide access to virtually all camera functions, including all important ones; only a few, including the diopter adjustment control, info, self-timer, and flash mode/compensation buttons, are inaccessible.
Built for durability, the housing is designed and constructed by hand in the USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera. A lens port is required and available separately. Choose from an array of dome and flat ports for macro, zoom, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see Port Chart. Additionally, two sets of zoom gears are included.
The Ikelite Digital TTL ICS-5 5-pin electrical bulkhead enables the connection of an optional strobe for TTL or full manual exposure control. The supplied tray has dual release handles with mounting points for lighting arms and also affords improved handling and balance underwater.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used safely at a maximum depth of 200'
- Provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls, which consist of knurled knobs and levers. Only a few, including the diopter adjustment control, info, self-timer and flash mode/compensation buttons, are inaccessible
- Built for durability, the housing is designed and constructed by hand in the USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera
- Slightly negative in fresh water, depending on lens port and lens
- Lens Port
- Required and available separately. Choose from an array of dome and flat ports for macro, zoom and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart linked above. Ports are attached via four locking latches for maximum security and quick changes between dives. Additionally, two sets of lens zoom gears for use with the ports are included. The first set is designed for most popular, larger-diameter zoom lenses, while the second is meant for zooms with a smaller diameter. Both sets are lightweight and easy to install with no modification to the lens required. An over-sized knob on the housing smoothly engages the gears for easy operation
- Strobe Use
The Ikelite Digital TTL ICS-5 5-pin electrical bulkhead and built-in, proprietary circuitry enable the connection of an optional strobe via sync cord for TTL or full manual exposure control. Sync cords are available separately. This type of connection ensures that your strobe won't be triggered by someone else's flash going off, causing it to fire at the wrong time.
An Ikelite DS Substrobe is required for TTL operation, and is triggered without requiring your camera's built-in flash to fire--thereby conserving battery life and eliminating the lag as you wait for the camera's flash to recycle. Non-Ikelite strobes are available, too, though these will provide manual exposure only.
Tweak your TTL exposure or take total manual control without removing your hand from the housing. A simple dial on the back acts as a remote control for Ikelite DS Substrobes. Access plus/minus exposure compensation in TTL mode, plus 7 manual power settings in half-stop increments.
- An aluminum tray with dual rubberized grip handles is included, offering improved handling and balance beneath the surface, in addition to two quick-release points for connecting optional strobe or video lighting arms. The tray features holes enabling connection to a tripod, as well. The complete handle assembly can be removed quickly and easily for traveling by taking out two screws
- More Recommended Optional Accessories
- An O-ring kit (#5512.68) provides a spare main O-ring, a spare port O-ring, and a 1cc tube of silicone lubricant. You can also purchase a separate 2cc tube of silicone lubricant. The lightweight (4 oz) aluminum Gamma LED light offers an output of over 220 lumens, a beam angle of 10°, and a burn time of 10 hr