The Stylus SP-100 Digital Camera from Olympus is a fixed lens point-and-shoot digital camera with a very powerful 50x optical zoom lens, equivalent to a 24-1200mm lens in the 35mm format. The lens is particularly versatile, able to capture perspectives from true wide-angle to ultra telephoto. It even includes a macro mode that can focus as close as 0.39" (1 cm). With an innovative On-Camera Dot Sight it is easier to locate and track distant subjects when utilizing the extreme telephoto focal lengths achievable with this lens. The Dot Sight incorporates a pop-up glass panel and a projected red light to combine a wide field of view with a dot of light that follows your subject, making it easy to keep your subject in frame and in focus despite distance and movement.
The SP-100 features a 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor and the TruePic VII Image Processor, which is also found on Olympus' top-end mirrorless cameras. The sensor and image processor combine to offer high resolution images with rich tonal range, low light sensitivity and fast autofocus and response times. Full HD 1080/60p video is supported, as is lower resolution video options, including slow-motion capture. A lens-shift image stabilization system compensates for camera movement to reduce the blur often found in images shot in dim light and at long focal lengths.
A 920k-dot Electronic Viewfinder is featured for bright, stable, eye-level composition. Camera settings are visible within the EVF so making adjustments without removing your eye from the subject is possible, and an adjustable diopter is supported for those who wear eyeglasses. In addition, a 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor provides large and accurate image playback and is useful for odd-angle and discreet composition.
The SP-100 is a practical camera for photographers of any skill level. It offers an enhanced Intelligent Auto feature with scene and subject recognition technologies. These shooting modes make it simple to capture difficult shots as the camera will recognize what you are shooting and apply the optimal settings. Also, full manual exposure control and shutter priority and aperture priority modes enable exacting control for those who prefer to utilize such options. Three autofocus modes, as well as Manual Focus and a Focus Limit function, provide several alternatives for automatic control or precise manual control of focusing. A built-in flash will add light to your scene if needed. And in addition, Picture and Art Filters allow you to add effects to your images, 360º Panorama Mode captures astonishing vistas, and Interval Shooting mode lets you create time lapse videos.
A solid yet compact form factor with a large hand grip and ergonomically placed buttons and zoom lever enable comfortable handling. The SP-100 is compatible with SD, SDHC, SDXC and FlashAir SDHC memory cards. FlashAir cards allow for wireless transfer of images stored on the card to compatible computers, smartphones, and tablets.
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- The combination of a 16MP Back-side Illuminated CMOS sensor and the latest, most powerful Olympus image processor give the SP-100 impressive image quality and low light sensitivity. In addition, autofocus and performance speeds, including continuous shooting rates, are noteworthy and subject and scene recognition functions perform accurately.
- 50x Optical Zoom Lens with 24-1200mm Focal Length Equivalency
- The powerful 50x optical zoom lens on the SP-100 eliminates the need to carry multiple lenses while still providing the versatility to capture wide-angle to ultra-telephoto perspectives. The 35mm focal length equivalency is 24-1200mm, however if you utilize the camera's Super Resolution Zoom, the digital equivalency doubles to 2400mm. In addition the lens provides a Super Macro Mode with a minimum focus distance of just 0.39" (1 cm) and a Panorama Mode. A convenient zoom lever is located on the left side of the lens barrel.
- On-Camera Dot Sight
- An innovative addition to the SP-100 that enables easier focus and tracking of distant and moving subjects is the On-Camera Dot Sight. A glass panel housed under the camera's built-in flash pops up to provide a wide-angle view of your scene when you are shooting in extended telephoto lengths. A red light is projected onto the glass panel to help you quickly locate your subject and keep it in frame despite the restricted field of view of your "zoomed" lens and the subject's changing position.
- 920k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- For bright and stable eye-level composition, the SP-100 features an electronic viewfinder with 920,000 dot resolution and a 100% field of view. You can adjust the menu, review key image settings (exposure, white balance, art filters) and compose the shot without taking your eye off the viewfinder. The EVF also provides diopter adjustment for the sharpest possible image within the viewfinder.
- 3.0" 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Image playback and composition are made clear and accurate with this rear LCD monitor. With a 4:3 image ratio, the LCD offers a large screen for playback of photos and videos and dial-controlled menu navigation.
- Full HD 1080/60p Video Capture
- Video recording is supported at 60 fps for smooth Full HD capture. HD 720p capture is also supported and slow-motion capture (120 and 240 fps) is possible in lower resolutions.
- Lens-Shift Image Stabilization
- When shooting in dim light or at long telephoto lengths the camera's shutter speed is prolonged to let in sufficient light for proper exposure. In these situations, even slight camera movements can result in image blur, however the image stabilization system on the SP-100 compensates for this movement to reduce blur and provide sharper images when shooting in such situations. The camera's built-in lens-shift system, combined with auto ISO adjustment and shutter speed control let you use the full extension of its zoom lens without worry that images will come out overly blurry.
- Manual Exposure Control
- The SP-100 features full manual exposure control as well as Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority modes to provide exacting control over your images.
- Auto and Manual Focus and Focus Limit Function
- The broad focal range of the SP-100 comes with focusing options for enhanced control of such a powerful lens. Three autofocus modes (Aperture AF, Infinity AF and Close-up AF) are selectable based on your shooting needs and manual focus is supported for precise control. A Focus Limit function enables you to set a focus distance range so the lens focuses only within that range, therefore increasing AF speed. A convenient focus button is located on the left hand side of the lens for switching focus modes and locking AF without removing your right hand from the shutter release button.
- Intelligent Auto and Subject Recognition
- The TruePic VII Image Processor, Intelligent Auto, as well as scene and subject recognition technologies have been improved from previous camera models, enabling the camera to quickly recognize what you are shooting and automatically make the optimal settings.
- Built-in Flash
- A built-in pop-up flash is supported to add extra light to your scene when needed. The flash can be set on Auto to let the camera determine how much light is necessary, but flash modes such as Fill-in and Red-Eye Reduction allow for the control needed to supply additional lighting for your particular subject.
- Creative Tools
- The SP-100 incorporates seven Art Filters to make creative flourishes easy. Effects like Grainy Film, Pin Hole and Soft Focus can be applied right in the camera to turn basic shots into evocative images. Also available are four Magic Filters (including Fish Eye and Sparkle) and five Picture Filters (among them Vivid, Muted and Monotone), which enable you to adjust color saturation. Interval shooting enables the creation of time-lapse videos and panorama mode lets you incorporate wide vistas, including full 360° Views into a single image.
- Form Factor and Button Access
- For a digital camera with such a powerful zoom lens, the SP-100 is compact, and with a large hand grip similar to those on DSLRs, it can be comfortably controlled with just one hand. The buttons and mode dial are easily accessed and both the focus button and zoom lever are conveniently located on the left side of the lens barrel for lens control without the need to remove your right hand from the shutter or your eye from the subject.
- FlashAir Card Wireless Compatibility and OI. Share
- Compatible with the FlashAir SDHC memory card which has an internal wireless LAN, the SP-100 can wirelessly transfer images stored on the FlashAir card to a smartphone, tablet or compatible computer. OI. Share is a downloadable app from Olympus that enables wireless functions, such as instant image transfer, sharing and remote camera control via your smartphone when utilized with a FlashAir SDHC card.