The MuxLab HDMI over IP Decoder with PoE connects with a separately-sold encoder and extends an HDMI signal for up to 328 ft over a CAT5e/6 twisted pair cable, in resolutions up to 1080p.
You can run this decoder directly to an encoder, or you can incorporate an optional LAN switch and connect up to 200 decoders to one or up to 16 encoders. The maximum number of decoders is limited to 200 because of bandwidth limitations. A 4-position dip switch is available on both the decoder and optional encoders for setting device IDs and connecting the units together. If you use a LAN switch with PoE, you won't need to use a power supply with any of your decoder/encoder units.
A control software called HDMI over IP is available for free download on the MuxLab website for controlling multipoint configurations. A 3.5mm jack is available for optional IR control.
- Key Features
- Supports 1080p HDMI signal from 328 ft over a CAT5e/6 twisted pair cable
- Works in multipoint configurations of up to 16 encoders and 200 decoders
- No power supply is required if you incorporate optional LAN switch with PoE
- 4-position dip switch for device ID addressing
- 3.5mm jack for optional IR control
- Includes free-download control software
- 225 MHz bandwidth
- 1 frame latency; 33ms latency at 30 fps
- 60 Mbps bit rate
- Supports HDCP