Based on the seminal 2290 delay, TC Electronic has issued an update in the form of the ND-1 Nova Delay, a feature-rich delay pedal with six delay types. With a further nod to the past, the pedal has 2290 ms of delay time with modulation options. Manual operation is available in addition to nine presets.
Tempo can be input manually, set by tapping the tap tempo switch, or by allowing the unit to auto-set based on one's playing style. With Delay Spillover delays will ring out even if you switch preset, switch to manual mode or bypass the pedal. Additionally, a color setting adjusts the delay style from on the nose digital timing to a more relaxed tape style vibe.
- Six delay types and 2290 ms of delay time
- Manual mode plus nine presets - toggle between manual mode and one of the presets at any time
- Mono or stereo in and out depending on your rig, set-up, or wishes - stereo does provide a nice wide angle
- Feedback sets the amount of repeats
- Dial in delay times with accuracy, both in milliseconds or in BPM
- Delay spillover allows the delays to ring out even if you switch preset, switch to manual mode, or bypass the pedal
- Add modulation to the delay lines for lush and beautiful delay sound
- Set delay times on the fly by simply strumming your guitar or tapping the tempo on the pedal
- "Subdivision" decides how the notes are divided - in dual delay mode, it's possible to have different values for left and right outputs
- "Color" allows for choosing delay flavors from clinical digital to a looser tape sound
- Dynamic Delay waxes and wanes with your playing style
- Reverse and ping pong delays
- Slapback setting for the characteristic short delay